jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Detroit Lions?

1. RWC149 profile image64
    RWC149posted 6 years ago

Should they sit Stafford for the remainder of the year? His shoulder is obviously bothering him, id hat to see him have damage done that will affect the rest of his career. Hes had a good rookie year, let the shoulder heel. sit him. no point in him getting banged up every week.

2. mel22 profile image61
    mel22posted 6 years ago

At this point yes, they have nothing to gain and go for in terms of contention..Not even close , so why risk a highly payed possible future talent.although right now I only see average talent he could get better in the long run

3. R.Edwards profile image79
    R.Edwardsposted 6 years ago

I concur. He's shown flashes of brilliance this year, take that and build on it. He and Sanchez had an up and down year, sit him and build upon next season.

4. charlybell profile image60
    charlybellposted 6 years ago

I think theyre a couple weeks late on doing that, hes going to be a heck of a QB though, good for them.  Detroit fans are some of the best in the league... they deserve better.

5. K Partin profile image61
    K Partinposted 6 years ago

Absolutely sit him. I agree. I've done a few hubs on our lowly LIONS. I'll probably be doing a few more I guess. yikes

6. jobister profile image60
    jobisterposted 6 years ago

He's the next Joey Harrington, he'll get booed out of Detroit in 2-3 years, its not his fault either. They should have never let him play after the Cleveland game and now his shoulder is even in worse shape than before.

1. RWC149 profile image64
      RWC149posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ok for one hes not anything like Joey, if you watch the games he gets the guys to follow his lead. Joey never could do that.Stafford has that leadership and toughness quality that Harrington lacked. Harrington wouldnt be playing right now if he was in this situation, but Stafford is. I think the coaches need to step in and say hey man we need you for the next 8-`10 years so lets just let the shoulder heal for the season ok. Youve shown flashes of brilliance and lets not ruin it by messing your shoulder up even more. Stafford is a stud and will make 4-5 pro bowls. just wait and see. plus you can see it in his eyes he wants to win. Harrington never made any of us feel comfortable with him out there like Stafford does.

7. kingis profile image78
    kingisposted 6 years ago

Stafford may be hurt but he could use the game playing experience.  The Lions are much better with him in the lineup than without. Daunte Culpepper's role has been to mentor Stafford.

8. RWC149 profile image64
    RWC149posted 6 years ago

Culpepper is the last person who should be a mentor to anyone at QB. Maybe a mentor at life and life choices outside of football, but not the QB position. Hes awful, hes never been good. He had Chris Carter and Randy Moss to throw too. alla Scott Mitchell, whom had Herman Moore and Brett Perriman. these two had very similiar careers. Once they lost the deep threat they stunk. plus he cries way too much and I think hes not as tough as he appears to be. Stafford needs to do his own thing, maybe call up Brett Favre and see if he can get some work in when Favre retires, or call up John Elway. Or they should of kept Jon Kitna around if they wanted a mentor for him. Not culpepper. If I were Stafford Id listen to his advice and be nice, but once he walks away throw it in the trash. I lost all respect for culpepper when he cried because he didnt get the start on thanksgiving day, sorry buddy. Suck it up and do your job. I really think they should finish the year with Stanton at QB. So maybe they can use him as trade bait for a 3rd or 4th round pick in the upcoming draft. Stanton has potential, but Culpepper is washed up. the glory days arnt coming back for him sorry.