jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

1. 0
    jennafawposted 6 years ago

Is the one sport I fell in love with since the first time i played it in sixth grade. Now that i'm only 5'3" and it has been years since Ive played officially at a school and now im playing at recreational in a gym. I want to improve my skills and update my self with the plays.. I'm already aware of the scores hat was cahnged back in like 2001 ? However I'll be joining the Air Force and I definitely want to make it in their volleyball team. Another good thing that I'm doing this next month is, I'm enrolled in a PE class for volleyball, so that should hopefully give me the updates.
    I love this sport so much. I'm not willing to let my height get in the way.

2. mikelong profile image84
    mikelongposted 6 years ago

Learn to be multi-faceted. From passing to setting, defense, and serving, you can make up for any difference in height by the size of your heart and the speed of your hustle.

If you can do these things you can become an invaluable member to any team that you are on. 

It's knowing the little things, like when your blockers at the net rise to block a shot, if you are in position, sneak up behind them to make sure any dinked shot just over their uplifted arms and hands doesn't lead to easy points for your opponent.

Be willing to sacrifice....dive!

I love volleyball, was on two championship teams when in the Marines and was going to try out for the All-Marine Team before I tore my rotator cuff. 

Which reminds me, shoulder injuries are tough....if you feel any pain in either one, slow down and let them rest...I lost 1 year of physical training, cut my chances for the All-Marine team, and even hurt the longevity of my military career because of my shoulder. I love to win....

Good luck.

3. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago

I'm not real good at volleyball but when my team needs me I'm there! If we are losing and we need a break I pull a soccer move fall down and start moaning. That stops play and my team mates get a break and once we wipe up the wet spot we're ready to lose. We have enough strength to shake hands and salvage some of our dignity!

4. PromoTom profile image59
    PromoTomposted 6 years ago

I love volleyball.. especially playing on the beach smile

1. caderade2 profile image60
      caderade2posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Beach volleyball is the only way to go!

5. spiderspun profile image60
    spiderspunposted 6 years ago

Anyone had rotator cuff surgery resulting in wrist pain and stiffness. Having a worse time of it right now. Any  replys be great

1. Bean Bag profile image62
      Bean Bagposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You should try deep tissue massage, it works wonders but hurts really bad.