jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Is Mack Brown worth 5 Million?

1. 0
    A Texanposted 7 years ago

The guy is a great recruiter and class act, he represents the University of Texas well! But his offensive coordinator is a complete moron and has been the entire time Brown has been at UT, shouldn't being a great coach be about great hires to the staff?

2. 0
    A Texanposted 7 years ago

Is he?

3. charlybell profile image59
    charlybellposted 7 years ago

Yeah I would say he is.  The way I look at it if the guy does his job and wins football games, which brings in additional revenue to the school then he is well worth it.

1. 0
      A Texanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

He does win and he does it with a clean program, but he has 2 Conference Championships and one National Championship in 11 years. Saban in his third year at Bama is going to his 2nd BCS Bowl and Mayer has 2 National titles in what, 4 years at Florida? Lots of better Coaches out there and Texas could easily steal one with our deep pockets!

4. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago

He does it the right way and there has to be worth something.

1. 0

5 million?

1. 0
        sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hell I don't think anybodies worth that kind of money but they can't seem to make things more affordable so they might as well pay him.

1. 0

I think you miss my point, Saban/Mayer are better Coaches, if we are going to pay 5 Million why not get one of them? Saban has proven he will jump ship for more money and I seriously doubt that any University in this Country could match what Texas offers in the way of tradition and MONEY!!!!!

working