Tiger Woods

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (59 posts)
  1. Kyle Keckeisen profile image60
    Kyle Keckeisenposted 14 years ago

I just realized that with all of Tiger's recent 'transgressions,' how did he focus in his tournaments? If i was him, that would constantly be on my mind! Imagine how good he actually could have been if he was on the straight-and-narrow!

1. Hmrjmr1 profile image69
      Hmrjmr1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

May actually have worked the other way we don't know if he won during his dalliances or lost. The sad part of all this is still not being talked about and that is his First Tee foundation, that preaches the lessons of golf to kids who need examples of honesty and integrity in their lives. Not sure how that's gonna work out now. He failed the first lesson of leadership, and golf and that is personal integrity. Sad really sad

1. loveforu profile image40
        loveforuposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I find it difficult how people can talk about leadership, honesty, and integrity when they themselves are not practicing it.

1. Siotosh profile image60
          Siotoshposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well said, to much religious hypocrisy

2. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's why he does what he does and you do what you do. lol

3. rhamson profile image71
      rhamsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just imagine if he was focused.

4. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

True enough and watch, he'll be back you'll see big_smile

5. terced ojos profile image61
      terced ojosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh shut up as if Tiger Woods invented infidelity and performing well at his job.  You don't know Tiger Woods nor do you know what his relationship was with his wife?  He's a celebrity; only people in his family know who he really is.  I don't know those people and neither do you. Stop harping on the dude as if Jesus Christ let you down or something.  For those of you who raise your children to idolize sports figures or entertainer or anyone except yourself; you're a moron.  Give you children real people to look up to and model after. Namely yourself. Don't rely on some enigmatic superstar personality to ingratiate their little minds at your behest. Moron.

6. Jimi the greek profile image62
      Jimi the greekposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If Tiger died today, would he go to heaven?
      Please respond as though it was your last words.

If the singers and Players of instrument shall be there, there's a greater hope for the golfer

7. drej2522 profile image68
      drej2522posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think he said in an interview somewhere that he averaged 3-4 hours of sleep a day. Now we know why! big_smile

8. fits4life profile image60
      fits4lifeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We all make mistakes in life. Tiger Woods is not a good golfer. He is a great golfer. His personal life is between his family, himself and most importantly our forgiving GOD. I pray that he can find peace with himself and return to the game of golf.

9. Philipo profile image41
      Philipoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Great men do not allow focus on the future and not the past because there is really nothing anyone can do about the past.  See my hub  http://hubpages.com/hub/Photo-Gallery-D … nt-Eldrick

10. profile image49
      maorigirlnozposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OMG I love Tiger Woods, so he screwed around while he was married.....
      Tiger, Divorce your wife she will never forgive you, the public humiliation will see to that. Go back to doing what you are good at GOLF..... they need you
      ha these guys who think they are better than you who are they to judge you. You will be judged when you are dead life is for the living get on with it.
      100% behind ya buddus!!!

2. Wayne Orvisburg profile image62
    Wayne Orvisburgposted 14 years ago

I think all his "transgressions" are what made him a better athlete. Think of how relaxed he had to be going out on the course. "It was good last night!", "Win, Lose, doesn't matter. I've got something waitin' for me back at the hotel. Oh yeah"

3. Cleanclover profile image43
    Cleancloverposted 14 years ago

Everybody needs ladies to perform i guess wink.

1. Oldskool903 profile image60
      Oldskool903posted 14 years agoin reply to this

hahaha very funnyy

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

roll

4. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 14 years ago

ESPN reported that his wife was filing for divorce.  In my career of working with people I've seen two things that derail careers.  One is problems with drugs and alcohol, the other is divorce.

If he does get divorced, I wonder if he will ever return to the same playing level.

5. blondepoet profile image66
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

Whoever would have thought, there was all that dirt beneath his surface. I honestly can't believe he had so many women,and never thought it may possibly lead to his downfall one day.
    It's a tragedy really, not only to his golfing superb abilties but also to his family, his wife and kids.

1. Diskobolos profile image58
      Diskobolosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What downfall are you referring to and how has all this affected his golfing abilities? I mean yeah there will be a downfall in his revenues from advertising, but I do not believe that his level of play will deteriorate once he assumes playing.

As for having so many women, looking at him I doubt there were many of them before he became millionaire, so maybe he was trying to make up for it.smile

6. jobister profile image60
    jobisterposted 14 years ago

Its not established as 100% fact yet he was also linked with a doctor that prescribed growth hormones to athletes. I wonder if anything will ever come out of that.

7. jessicab profile image59
    jessicabposted 14 years ago

Tiger was a very busy man, I don't understand.  I think he need couseling or something.  I am also wondering if all the women in his life are honest or just want publicity.

8. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

*Bill Clinton in court talking*

Im really happy for you, im gonna let you finish

But TIGER WOODS is one of the best wife cheaters OFF ALL TIME!!!

One of the best cheaters of ALL TIME!!

(thanks kanye)

~thranax~

9. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Another example of the moral collapse of our sociaty and the break down of the family. Those poor kids how horrible!

1. profile image0

Tiger Woods isn't society.

1. Gale Force profile image61
        Gale Forceposted 14 years agoin reply to this

But perhaps he is an example of the coarsening of society? Not that society hasn't always been coarse...people have been cheating on their spouses since marriage was invented.

But there are no role models for people to seek a higher level. (How many religious types preached sanctity of marriage, only to be revealed as indulgin in prostitutes themselves.)

But all you have to do is look at TV - the baby sitter practically every parent uses these days. As soon as there kid is old enough to sit up, plop it goes in front of the TV for indoctrination.

And that indoctrination for girls and boys, is that girls were put on the planet as eye candy for boys. They must look attractive for boys, they must enjoy the ogling that boys give them, if boys aren't interested they must gang up on him and make him interested (those sick Axe commercials).

And it's no use saying, "If those commercials offend you, don't watch them."  It's not me but the boys who watch this crap and get it engrained into their heads that women are sex objects first last and always that is responsible for a lot of today's problems. Boys are egomaniacs anyway. Give 'em five hours of indoctrinaton a day that females are there for sex only.. and give girls the same hours of indoctrination that that's what *they're for, and today's society is what you get.

As for Tiger Woods, I think he should be ashamed of himself, but it is interesting how cowardly he's being. It will only make it harder for him when he does decide to talk to the press. I  hope his wife takes him to the cleaners!

Why should Tiger Woods be the role models for out kids morality. He is a craftsman as far as his sport goes. Maybe the lesson here is as a sportsman don't get married to quickly. Maybe because he got married too quickly that could be why he does not know how to deal with the situation. As far as commercial endorsements goes' there are other things he could endorse. If there were so many women and world we live in with safe sex is an advert that needs to be encourage. What I'm thinking is that Tiger might be the right man to do that. We must remember a sportsman is a sportsman. Sportsman come from many different background and are not the Holy of Holies as many of us here. He is a golfer and not a Priest thank God for that, so he can endorse a condom brand LOL

10. brimancandy profile image77
    brimancandyposted 14 years ago

If you ask me, this is a woman scorned getting even with co-horts in the golf world to back her up. The sole purpose to get rid of one of the best players in golf.

So. Tiger woods had multiple affairs. BFD! How many people in the entertainment world have not done the same thing? If it were me, I would get a picture of the bitch slap it on a t-shirt and wear it at every tournament. On the front, her pic, on the back...yeah I banged her!

You want publicity using my name honey...here it is!

The media went way too far over this. If it was discovered that I hit 10 fire hydrants, had affairs with 1,000 women, ran over a dozen dogs, and showed my penis to the paparrazi 100 times. Do you think anyone would give a flying rooster?

Come on! people need to get over it. He made a huge mistake dropping out of Golf.

And, there is nobody but the media to blame for it.

let him work out his private life at home. I could care less!

1. profile image52
      lightningstrikeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LMAO

11. Daniel Carter profile image63
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

Call it what you want, but I think Tiger got a healthy dose of karma. He's a cheat in his personal life, maybe not on the golf course. He advocates integrity to kids and cheats behind their backs.

Karma.

Sad that he put himself and his family in this position. Forget about the people HE used for sex. They were objects, not people. The fact that they came out against him is just his own consequences.

Hard, hard lessons to learn.

I have no sympathy for him. He constructed this all very carefully in his mind and it unraveled without him being able to control any of it. So he has to start over. Welcome to real life. People have to do this every day and they didn't lead double lives, but have had catastrophic losses because of death, disease and more. So much the better he has a chance to learn important lessons of real integrity. Maybe now he can promote it without a double standard.

1. Sa Toya profile image82
      Sa Toyaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yep Karma is a Big, Bad Bitch!

12. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

yeah those Axe commercials are pretty lame. sometimes i watch some of these ads in primetime and think 'wow, if i had little kids in the house these ads would be uncool'.

but i still think most people are decent. Tiger Woods is a huge celebrity and a jillionaire and away from his wife so he took full advantage. it kills me when they say they love their wife. if he really did love his wife, no woman could tempt him, not even Anjelina Jolie naked.

I couldn't agree more. We switch the channel constantly through some ads (I've got an 8 yr old bro). It's the perfume ads especially..it's like spraying me = sexeh time roll

I agree most people are decent and Tiger definitely took advantage of it. I'm not defending him-cheating is WRONG and cheating while still professing deep love is DOUBLY WRONG, but David Beckham cheated on Victoria and that didn't have any of the repercussions like Tiger's having. I don't get it.

Shouldn't we have the same precedent for everyone. I'm not playing the race card either, in case people think I'm making it a colour issue. He's not the first cheating celeb and won't be the last.

Society seems to be making an example of him....I do hope his wife rinses him dry-His cowardly behaviour handling the situation is piss poor.

The problem, I think, is not that he cheated on his wife, but that he did it with *so many* women! The guy seems to have had a woman in every city.

If he'd cheated once, I don't think the publicity would be this bad. Equally, if he'd stood up like a man, called a press conference, and stood in front of people and told them to mind their own business, even, instead of staying in seclusion and issuing press releases on his website!

Even the fiance who killed (accidently or otherwise) football player Chris Henry had the cojones to go to his funeral, and actually make a speech about how much she loved him! But Tiger, who only cheated and didn't kill anyone, refuses to meet the press.

Some people say it isn't our business. And it wouldn't be if this were some poor schmuck that the majority of us hang around with . No one cares except his family, true. But when it's a guy like Tiger...it comes with the territory. If he wanted to keep his private life private, he shoudl have read his speech in front of live people, again, not just put it on his website. 

But it would have taken courage to do that. I'm not sure that I'd have that courage if *I* were in his place - not that I'd've been that dumb! - but he sure doesn't have that courage.

I suppose your right he's about 10 over par with women now. lol I agree his cowardice is equally shameful. Running away from the press and not saying a damn thing apart from I'm leaving golf until I can sort it...geez Tger, get it together.

2. Diskobolos profile image58

I find it as an utter nonsense when reporters start talking that he need to call a press conference and explain his actions to the public. Wtf, do they explain themselves to Tiger? Then why should he explain himself to them? At the end of the day it's his right to bang whoever he wants and that's not people's business. The fact that he's famous doesn't mean that he's held responsible to public for his personal life decisions, although their interest in his life is not surprising.

2. Siotosh profile image60

Maybe he should have said, she threw the gulf club and he lost control of the vehicle. That would have made him brave and people would not be calling him a coward?

He's not being called a coward because he didn't  hit his wife, he's being called a coward because he refused to speak to the police for three days, and he won't give a press conference to face the press and the public....if only to stand up publically and say, "I have nothing to say." But he's just... hiding.

He is doing good everything is OK. Haven't you notice, that his mother in law, was stretchered out suffering with a belly ache. It's his household he has to keep happy, the public should mind their own business. There are too many lonely people here

2. Gale Force profile image61

Well, I have to say I disagree. Men who love their wives do have affairs, because they want a little bit of variety in their sex life. But again, most of them don't have 14 mistresses, all apparently running at the same time!

If statistics are to be believed, most people do cheat on their spouse. IF they are smart and use protection, no repercussions usually come of it.

But apparently Tiger didnt' use condoms, so he was trusting these women to be disease free, and to make sure they didn't get pregnant. That's what I don't understand. Your whole reputation depends on you being a "stand up guy", and you depend on someone else to ensure you don't father a love child, whom you will then have to pay for for the rest of your life? Stupid.

13. oneputt profile image62
    oneputtposted 14 years ago

The entire episode is an affirmation there is but ONE lesson to learn when dealing with temptation, keep your eye on the Creator, and not on his creation. Forgiveness is the lesson for us all, especially Tiger.

14. profile image0

while i agree he doesn't need to call a press conference, he still is a role model of sorts for a lot of young people. a very rich role model. Nike alone gave him $30 million for his good name. he is allowed to do what he wants in his private life, but he has to understand that he's also carrying the weight of all of those commercial endorsements and has to conduct himself with a reasonable amount of decorum. if he wants to tarnish his own name, that's fine, but when he attaches his name to big companies who use him as a postive force for their products, placing their logos and stuff on his clothes, etc. he has a certain amount of responsibility to them.

Tiger had no shortage of women before he became a billionaire. but he promised his wife when he married her those days were over.

1. Diskobolos profile image58

I would rather say that big companies attached their name to his name, instead the other way. And yes he has a certain amount of responsibility to them and they have the right to terminate contract if he fails to fulfill his responsibilities, which a lot of them did, so I don't see any problem there. I don't see that he screwed them.

Personally I have a problem with that whole role model bs thing, as none of these highly paid athletes choose themselves to be role models for young people, it is big companies and media that are doing it in order to make hefty profits from selling these "role models" and their merchandise. When later it turns out that some athlete is not what they advertised him to be, why blame him for not living to the role model standards, blame big companies for selling him to the public as some kind of a role model.

Now what he promised to his wife when he married her I don't know, we haven't been drinking coffees together.smile

15. profile image0

i completely agree with you on the role models part. parents should be children's role models.

PS Only the role model part, when things like this happens all the attack is aimed at Tiger, because he is a man. All the sympathy goes to his wife but the story is not hard to follow, if you read between the lines.
      He is a great sportsman but the story about the accident does not make sense.
      As we can all see Tiger is not the dominant one in the relationship. It seems to me that he could be a victim of bullying. Tell which of you would give up you craft, in a situation like we have with Tiger.
      We all are Gods passing judgement, without knowing the full facts. How do we know that as a man going elsewhere was his way of walking away. Some men stand and trade punches, but he went and made love, I not going to feel sorry for him. I feel rather glad for him, can you imagine what the media would say, had he hit his wife. ( Just a thought )

16. The Rope profile image60
    The Ropeposted 14 years ago

It is a sad situation and a sad commentary on ourselves.  There is so much more involved.  He was driven as a young man by his father and while the skills got honed so too did his resentment. 

Go back over the earlier tournments - golf WAS a gentleman and ladies game.  Bad behavior wasn't tolerated on the courses or in the games, yet Tiger got away with it time after time - the cameras just cut away when he got started.  The media built him up and he was too immature to handle the pressures of "too much, too soon".  Most fell for the media's rendition of who Tiger was and didn't take into consideration that there was a lot more underneath.  Tiger ran with the fantasy and played it for everything it was worth.  I'm sure there must be some good points here to TW but it's going to take a long time to unravel the mess and a long time for folks to recover...

As far as him being a "role model", consider what being a role model really is all about.  Did you allow your children to look up to him because of the media hype or because of what you, yourself, had knew to be fact?

17. adsensesecrets profile image60
    adsensesecretsposted 14 years ago

ha ha yeah really. how did he even sleep for that matter!

18. profile image0

it's a two-edged sword. some celebrities love to show off their beautiful houses, cars, children and women and bask in the glow of the flashbulbs going off non-stop. yet they expect people to give them their privacy when things go south. i like people like Harrison Ford, etc. who shun the limelight altogether and stay very private all the time. i respect that anyway.

And we the public are so jealous, wanting to be them

1. profile image0

i don't want to be Tiger Woods. and i am certainly not envious of the man.

I don't blame you...who would want to be. I agree with you more celebs should be more private with their personal lives

So what he should have done, instead of driving off, what he should have do was grab his wife and give her a good beating, then keep it private. There was no need for the law to be involved. I confused here: Can't have it both ways, just two of those ladies would have done me nicely. LOL

19. profile image0

yep. can't have it both ways.

20. profile image0
    incomenewsposted 14 years ago

I seriously don't understand why one has to lose a career because some bitches want to get famous. If I ever meet these women who claim they had flings with Tiger I would shoot them all because they are nothing but gold diggers who couldn't care less but rob Tiger of all the hard earned dollars he made.

21. profile image0

those women are opportunitsts. since they can't have Tiger, who professed his love to at least one of them, they decided to get back at him. i think that's pretty sad though. even if you discover that the man who supposedly loves you dumps you like a hot potato, let him go, i say. i never understood women who want to get him back or get revenge on him. he doesn't have me, that's revenge enough smile

besides, that's what he wants - you to still be thinkng about him, etc.

far better to just erase him completely.

22. salt profile image60
    saltposted 14 years ago

Tiger is a golfer. His father had these types of issues, but wasnt a billionaire with women at his fingertips. I wonder, if Tiger had asked you.... would you have been there?

The sad part of this is the children and the ground swell of interest in golf again.

His wife - I think she is a strong woman and will make sure her children are well cared for and not damaged by this.

Love and healing to all...

23. salt profile image60
    saltposted 14 years ago

On the television during all of this, they showed a pictures of about 12 women, tigers indescretions.

On the one hand, you can see how difficult it could be for his wife and family.

On the other, all I could think of was tigers eyes - these are my playmates.

24. gmann46 profile image60
    gmann46posted 14 years ago

As a human he is susceptible to all the temptations here in this thing we call life. I did not follow because I thought he was a great husband,I marvel at the way he plays the most difficult, frustrating, and challenging sport there is. I have stopped watching golf because the tour is a little stale without him. I hope he returns SOON!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)