jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

Chris Johnson Goes for 2000 Yards Today

1. wavegirl22 profile image49
    wavegirl22posted 7 years ago

Today he has a chance to become just the 6th 2,000 yard rusher in league history, but more than that, he is within touching distance of two records: Marshall Faulk's yards from scrimmage mark of 2,429 yards, and Eric Dickerson's long-standing rushing record of 2,105 yards.

Will he do it?

1. JBeadle profile image73
      JBeadleposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm not sure but I've been a fan of Chris Johnson ever since I traded Steve Slaton for him back in September.  That guy is still bitching about that trade!!!  I won my Fantasy Bowl last week but oddly without Chris Johnson.  MJD and J.Harrison had a better week and we get our best potential lineup for the Fantasy Bowl so he didn't contribute (for my FFL).  He was a reliable player every week and exciting to watch.  Not a fan of the gold teeth but that didn't hamper Edgerrin any.

2. drej2522 profile image86
    drej2522posted 7 years ago

He was my fantasy football back this season, and from what I've witnessed, there is no reason for me to think that he will not break the 2000 rushing yards threshold. Dickerson's record may be out of reach...

3. Michael Willis profile image78
    Michael Willisposted 7 years ago

The first 2 records...I say definitely. The Eric Dickerson record for all-time yardage, maybe. Tennessee has said as a team that Chris Johnson going for the record is a team goal now. They are out of the playoffs and I read where C.J. has promised a car for the offensive line if he gets Eric's record!
    234 yds rushing is what he needs. They are playing Seattle and the Seattle rushing defense is terrible.

4. wavegirl22 profile image49

I heard the same thing! Nice present for the offense. . . . how much does he make a year???

5. wavegirl22 profile image49
  6. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 7 years ago

I hate to sound like a total girly girl, but I was wondering why all of these games were top Google trends.  Now I know because there seem to be quite a few going on today.

wavegirl22posted 7 years ago in reply to this

SweetiePie. . this was the final game of the season. . . and now things are really going to get hot as the post season begins next week .. . . stay tuned

1. SweetiePie profile image82
        SweetiePieposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think it might be a good idea to write a hub on this topic traffic wise smile.  Not for me personally, but for someone who follows this stuff.

LOL  . .SweetiePie. . I kinda do that already . ..

1. SweetiePie profile image82
            SweetiePieposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I have not read your hubs, so I did not know.  Actually, just sharing because this topic is in the top twenty of Google trends.

7. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image94
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 7 years ago

He mighta got the record, if not for that holding call.

well for sure we will see more of him next year!

1. dohn121 profile image87
        dohn121posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hey, Shari.  I do too, but I hope that the Titans don't overuse him like every star RB that's ever laced up sad

working