jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (16 posts)

Texans went beyond average...

1. manlypoetryman profile image73
    manlypoetrymanposted 7 years ago

As quoted by at least one of the players..."they went above average this year"...and are happy about that.

I guess it is good to aspire to be above average...?

http://randomcrates.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Forrest_Gump_22.jpg

"That's all I got to say about that!"

1. prettydarkhorse profile image67
      prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

manly good am, TEXANS rocks, look at yesterday hehe, both the Dallas cowboy and Houstons yesterday rocks and on Wednesday college football will rock also, am happy to be a cowgirl LOL although am DIEHARD STEELERS fan....

see even Tom agrees hehehe

2. dohn121 profile image88
      dohn121posted 7 years ago in reply to this

If they can figure out to either split or sweep the Colts, they'll be dangerous yikes

At least now we know their stock is rising smile

1. jobister profile image60
        jobisterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I am predicting they get to 10-6 next season. Small steps..

2. manlypoetryman profile image73

Hey PDH...I guess I'm happy for Dallas!? I remembered you was a Steelers fan...hmm ??? (Steelers?) And  was wondering about your excitement there for a minute...I guess the whole town up there is going bananas over the win yesterday...they should...it was a good one! big_smile

1. prettydarkhorse profile image67
      prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I am happy too manly because my neighbors here are happy too,,YEHEY

2. 0
      Kenrick Chatmanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

However, the big test for the Cowboys is Saturday night. Can they remove the proverbial monkey from around their neck by winning the game? If so, it will be their first playoff victory since 1996.

3. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 7 years ago

I don't understand anything of this! lol
    Hi pretty ! big_smile

manlypoetrymanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It's a football (American -style) thing !

1. tantrum profile image60
        tantrumposted 7 years ago in reply to this

not for me then ! lol

4. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years ago

Congrats to the Texans.  I'm sorry they didn't quite make it, but I think they're future looks bright.  They have the nucleus to become a dominant team.

5. manlypoetryman profile image73

more like baby steps...lol "Baby Step to the Play-offs!" Wonder if they keep the coach again...because that would be a sign of "improvement"...right?

1. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image93
      EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ther's the problem. I think they would have been better of finishing 8-8 again and getting rid of Kubiak. Instead they are set up for another couple years of being the team everyone thinks is going to be good next year.

6. manlypoetryman profile image73

http://www.blisstree.com/healthbolt/files/2006/07/What-about-bob.jpg
    That might just work..."Baby Steps to the Play-Offs"!

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Remember how Bob faked Turret's syndrome to prove to himself that he didn't have it?

Maybe next year, when the Texans have a lead in a big game they could all choke themselves to prove that they are not going to choke.

manlypoetrymanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

lol There you go ! Even though I am "some-what" proud of them...somewhat feeling like they are still the "same-ol';same ol'"type of Houston team...I still think they have it in 'em to find new ways to choke!

And they have way too many excuses...but most professional teams do...anyways!

And everybody is kind'a "wishy-washy" "that's Ok" fans...most of the time...down here in my opinion. Everyone will say "there, there...you did good!"...No one will force them (by voiced attitude) to bump it up to the next level!

Terry Bradshaw tells a story...that even after winning 2 and 3 Super Bowls for the Steelers...there were always some fans screaming at him...that he'd better do it again next year...or they'd run him out of town...Now that's football!

working