jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (19 posts)

BCS

1. profile image0
    SirDentposted 7 years ago

Alabam pulled out the victory against Texas!!!!!!!!

1. Mitch Rapp profile image60
      Mitch Rappposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Damn shame McCoy went down. Alabama got very lucky with that, but they did score the points needed,with a little help from a bonehead call by Greg Davis! 23 Seconds before the half with a freshman quarterback TAKE A KNEE!!!!

2. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 7 years ago

I thought the hit looked weak myself. Maybe the first team in the draft already contacted  him to draft and asked him not to play so to make it look good he threw himself out of the game on the first weak hit to make it look good. I doubt it but I still think it looked weak for a shouldetr injury when it was his knees that were being tangled on the tackle.

Thats it, he plays 4 years winning no less than 10 games a season,has won more games in the FBS than anyone ever, and you think he got out because of the draft? I need some of whatever you're smoking.

3. profile image0
    SirDentposted 7 years ago

Overall it was a great game. Alabam looked like they werte going to run away with it in the first half, but Texas came back pretty strong.

Whats funny about the whole thing is Alabama isn't that good, they let a true freshman throw two touchdown passes would have been three but one was dropped. I am not impressed.

4. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 7 years ago

hence the reason i said I doubt it( like a joke ) but if he does go first in the draft I may go back to this post and comment. he was good player but that just didnt seem like a tough enough hit to me  especially that quick to just walk out the whole game.. did they mention tore ligaments or dislocation or was arm just sore. Seriously asking bcuz i was watching with sound off and watching the comp at same time.

Said he couldn't feel his arm maybe a pinched nerve, but a quarterback kinda needs to feel his arm. He was never going first in the draft not even in the first round, probably a late second round pick.

5. Mitch Rapp profile image60
    Mitch Rappposted 7 years ago

He needed this game to prove what he could do

6. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 7 years ago

he actually woulda made a big difference in the game had he been there. outcome may have turned the oither way but oh well not my home team. All football here died last two years.

It would have been different but its over and the Tide won a National Championship! Texas will have the best recruiting class in the Nation this year and will pick up more studs! So there is always next year and the year after that....

7. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 7 years ago

He's proven ,i'm just saying from what I saw the hit seemed minor IMO to leave a whole game like that in the BCS National Championship

I agree it didn't look bad but it surely could have felt bad. He was taken out of a game his freshman year because of a pinched nerve in his neck.

8. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 7 years ago

That comeback got me out of my seat until the big hit and fumble.  McCoy going down was huge.  Gilbert comes in and looks like a scared rookie for 22 plays and then starts looking pretty dang good.  I thought Texas was going to pull it out, but Alabama got the big play when they needed it.  Great game.

9. Mitch Rapp profile image60

Gilbert will be the next great quarterback

10. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 7 years ago

After watching a replay over and over ,just now it looked more like a funny bone elbow hit... and a report said he mentioned the hit made his arm numb.. I agree Texas did make a game of it. That was a bit more solid than I originally thought but in the elbow are from what I could see. Anyone know who takes first  shot on draft day.. Still rams or did they win their last game?

11. Mitch Rapp profile image60

Rams get first pick

12. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 7 years ago

I've been hearing that the top QB's won't go first round this year.. I think thats crazy , someone in that first rounds gotta need a qb.. they say tebow wont go til third round bcuz hes a lefty and drops the ball low b4 throwing but I think it would be a waste not to take winningest qb or tebow somewhere near the bottom of first round. I think Suh will go top two picks though

13. Mitch Rapp profile image60

McCoy is a small quarterback 6' 215 pros like them 6'5 and 230. We'll see what happens.

working