jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

"Pete Carroll leaves USC to coach Seahawks": Yahoo!

1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image32
    fishskinfreak2008posted 6 years ago

Web-site/URL: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/fbn_seahawks_carroll

Pete Carroll is the latest high-profile sports figure to become a POLITICIAN. He gave us all THE IMPRESSION in 2002 (the year that was the start of 7 consecutive Pac-10 titles for USC, including a national title) that he would be the Trojans' head coach for the long term. Turns out, he was dying to get back to the NFL.

2. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 6 years ago

I think Pete is leaving at the right time.  Things were starting to get shaky and he has a great opportunity.  The more surprising change to me is the hiring of Lane Kiffin from Tennessee and the former assistant.  I heard the new coaching staff is Monty Kiffin, a great defensive coordinator.  Norm Chow, the offensive coordinator when USC's offense was great.  I wonder how the UCLA coach feels about losing Chow?

1. Mitch Rapp profile image59
      Mitch Rappposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Chow ain't going anywhere, Kiffin is overrated and thats a perfect fit for an overrated school.

3. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 6 years ago

I'm stiull wondering how monte can be such a nice guy and his son such a dumbass, does that mean his moms a huge... lol. I hate usc but with those coaches they should do well. To bad they cant beat an sec team!