J*E*T*S vs Chargers

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (22 posts)
  1. wavegirl22 profile image49
    wavegirl22posted 14 years ago

Rex Ryan had it right when he said the New York Jets, despite being the fifth seed in the AFC playoffs, should be viewed as Super Bowl favorites.

One thing no one can deny (though I know a few of you will;) is that the Gang Green have clearly earned the right to continue playing.

Cant wait to here what is to come from this one

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

GO COWBOYS!!!!!!

It would be interesting to see how the Jets' defense stacks up against Dallas' front Offensive Line. smile

3. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Btw- sorry. I can be so rude at times....How are you today Wavegirl? smile

wavegirl22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol u r never rude. . . and if u r  .. I am a tough New yorker and can take as much as you (or me) can dish it out. .

im great today . .and how are you Cags?

btw . .cowboys / jets superbowl . . hmm interesting concept

one cute Qb playing an equally cute QB. . .think of the ratings !!!

1. dohn121 profile image82
        dohn121posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I hate the Cowboys but I love their Cheerleaders lol

Hey, Shari.  By now, I'm sure that you heard about Bill Sheridan and Waufle.  Your thoughts?

sure did. . .looks like Sheridan is heading towards the warmer weather.. .so i ask is Parcells playing too much golf these days??? As far as Waufle like Osi I was surprised at that firing. . he was there when Osi went to the Pro Bowl .. oh and hmm wasnt that the year we went to the SUper Bowl . .. guess Coug needed to really shake things up. . and Gilbride is still there because???

Ok so here is what I am thinking. . .which of course always goes back to Spags. . .im hoping they find some young and hungry up and coming defensive coordinator . .remember how Spags not only listened to his players but he worked round the clock with them> You think some guy that has already been fired as a head coach (ahem Romeo Crennel or Jim Haslett) is going to seriously work out and go over and above what is needed. . other than to feed their egos?

I say bring Spags home and let Coughlin retire  . .and get rid of Gilbride before we get stuck with him at the helm ..

young fiery defensive coordinator. .thats what the the GMen need. . and I think Bill (both Bills) better stay out of the Miami sun and off the golf course . .but then again who cares I am not a FIn fan. . .
          your thoughts???

1. dohn121 profile image82
            dohn121posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Okay, I agree with you about a the Giants need to get a fiery defensive coordinator...I'm going to have to do some digging to see who's available.  Unfortunately, Spags won't be coming back anytime soon.  Off the top of my head, Jack Del Rio may be available if Jacksonville gets rid of him.  He turns 47 in April.  Romeo Crennel is another possibility, but as a defensive coordinator the G-Men he may employ the 3-4, which be problematic (the Jets struggled with the 3-4 for 2 years before they got it right).  Yeah, I know that we USED to be a 3-4 defense, but that was eons ago.  Besides, our lack of speed linebackers would be a crutch.

I say keep Gilbride (for now) as his system worked for a while now.  We became a one-dimensional offense this season for several reasons--one major one is due to the fact that our defense couldn't get off the field!  I like our line but I think that it's time for Kareem McKenzie to retire.  Diehl should move to right tackle and William Beatty should move to left tackle.  The kid is that good.

One of the few bright spots about this season is Clint Sintim and Terrell Thomas.  These guys are only going to get better.  Antonio Pierce might retire so we really need a new middle-linebacker, preferably a four or five year veteran on the open market.

Oh, and we never really replaced Derrick Ward, so another speed RB in the draft would definitely be a bonus.

How's that?

agree all around cept on the Del Rio. .. and I am not sold on Gilbride staying round. . .think we just need a new injection  .. . I heard Cough was talking to Paul Pasqualoni Dolphins defensive coordinator who obviously was fired. . all sounds little fishy..  Ill take your Fin you take my Giant. . what is Parcells up to  ..

And then there is Tom Cable who is expected to be fired as head coach of the Raiders and if he is, Giants offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride could again interview. Gilbride last year interviewed for the job.

and the plot thickens

2. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am doing just fine. Sorry, took so long to respond. Working on my Valentine's Day Hub. lol lol

4. wavegirl22 profile image49
    wavegirl22posted 14 years ago

Dohn. .. and since u love them Cowboyz cheerleaders so much does that mean a belly studded pompom Hub is coming????

Ill match yours to my top studed sexiest QB's ever . . well I may have to put a few WR in as well. . .we can go head to head on this one  .. hehehehe

5. tony0724 profile image59
    tony0724posted 14 years ago

I think you know where I stand on this one Shari ! GO CHARGERS !big_smile

1. drej2522 profile image69
      drej2522posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Chargers!!!

I had the Rivers/Jackson connection for fantasy football this season! They helped me win my first championship! Chargers!

2. wavegirl22 profile image49

and you do realize that hunk of a Jet QB is going to be back home playing in his environment . .. and Rex Ryan is the bomb of all bombs this post season .. .

please dont be upset when the Gang Green slimes up them perfect Chargers of yours. . .remember  .. i am a Giant fan....and just a sweet and innocent girl from ny.......

1. tony0724 profile image59
        tony0724posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're buyin the drinks when the Chargers win Shari ! smile

6. drej2522 profile image69
    drej2522posted 14 years ago

The Jets do have the best overall defense in the league...and you know what the say..

But, I think Sanchez is wayyy too inexperienced.

7. drej2522 profile image69
    drej2522posted 14 years ago

I think the Giants need to look at their secondary. I know that Webster is a solid corner, but when he is your backup safety then there is definitely something wrong. Even if everyone is healthy, it is clear that the Giants are hurting in Nickel and Dime packages.

8. dohn121 profile image82
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

@wavegirl22-No, I'm not in love with Blame it on Del Rio, but as of right now, I don't know any really good candidates.  Time will tell, and in the meantime, I will be searching for more potential defensive coordinators.

@drej2522-Yeah, Webster is no safety.  One of the biggest mistakes the Giants made LAST off-season was getting rid of Sam Madison.  They really should've kept him on as a potential backup safety.  He's also a veteran leader, much like Strahan.  They never should have let Madison go.

As far as the Nickel and Dime coverages, having Webster and Ross back at cornerback should be fine.  Terrell Thomas and Aaron Rouse are good as our Nickel and Dime.  We could use a safety, no doubt and do whatever needs to get done so as to be ready for next season.  Injuries obviously plagued this team this year.

9. Ron Montgomery profile image62
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

This game will come down to whoever can make the most big plays.  The Jets clearly have the better defense and running game, but SD's receivers are tough to cover.  The team that forces more turnovers wins.

10. dohn121 profile image82
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

I'm definitely not missing this game...Although I'm rooting for the Jets, it's tough for me to pick against the Chargers.  Experience is going to play a vital role in this one and if the Chargers get an early lead, the Jets are doomed.  I just don't see Sanchez carrying this team if they are behind.  With that said, a low scoring game will be the key (besides the turnover issue) to this game if the Jets are able to pull it off.

11. dave272727 profile image59
    dave272727posted 14 years ago

Sorry JETS fans, I am going to have to pick the Chargers in this one.  IF by some chance the Jets get through to the next round, I don't think that they have the chops to compete that far into the playoffs.  Give Sanchez a year or two more and I will be singing a different tune.

12. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image73
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 14 years ago

The Jets should get their own nickname instead of trying to pretend that they are the '91 Eagles D.

They'll have plenty of time to brainstorm on that starting Monday.

13. Michael Willis profile image67
    Michael Willisposted 14 years ago

It will be a good game, but I see the biggest play from the QB winning the game. Rivers over Sanchez.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)