jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Kurt Warner Retires

1. Michael Willis profile image78
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

Kurt Warner has decided to retire from professional Football. he has had a great career and now the talks start about Hall of Fame.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100129/ap_ … s_warner_9

2. manlypoetryman profile image70
    manlypoetrymanposted 6 years ago

Like the article said, Michael W...he could walk away...knowing he could still play the game...at its' highest level. I think that sentence...is a good way for anyone to want to be remembered! (ooh...and I think he will go into the Hall of Fame...with no problem!)

3. Michael Willis profile image78
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

He has had a good career. He will be missed in Arizona, but at least he is leaving on his terms.

1. 0
      mtsi1098posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have followed Warner since Arena fb and he should to go to HOF

2. 0
      cosetteposted 6 years ago in reply to this

he helped turn the Cardinals around. i will miss him. i only hope Matt Leinert can fill his shoes...

4. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

He is out while it is HOT for him still, good QB<

5. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 6 years ago

Matt Leinart is going to get an opportunity. It's going to be interesting to see what he has learned playing behind Warner.

6. K Partin profile image60
    K Partinposted 6 years ago

I always liked Warner, he was one of the good guys for the game. smile

7. Stevennix2001 profile image83
    Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago

a first class player that took two franchises, with horrific histories and led them to the superbowl.  Definitely a man worthy of the Hall of Fame, regardless of some of his struggles in the middle part of his career. 

Plus, all I can say is now, Matt Leinart going to have prove once and for all that he's either going to be the quarterback of the future for the cardinals, or he's going to one of the biggest busts in the nfl.  he no longer has warner to compete with anymore, so now the starting qb job is either his to win...or lose.

8. ShaunMasterton profile image60
    ShaunMastertonposted 6 years ago

Kurt Warner was my fave QB, loved how he played the game and how he had to leave the NFL to get an oppurtunity to play (he was once backup to Favre in Green Bay), then came back and won superbowl with the Rams and took the Cardinals to the superbowl. It's just a brilliant story and it would be a crime if he doesn't go to the hall of fame.