jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Is It Just me or does listening to music make you run faster

1. DGB profile image59
    DGBposted 6 years ago

whenever i go on a run without music, it seems to be more tedius and tirering, however when i listen to music i seem to have more energy and can run faster for longer! is this just me or is there some explanation for this! i guess i could be running to the beat, but i seem to have more energy when i am listening to music...why is this ??is it just me ??

1. Madison22 profile image78
      Madison22posted 6 years ago in reply to this

DGB, I do not know exactly why that is. But, I feel the same way especially during a workout I need my Metallica and iron maiden, LOL. It pumps me up and I usually get a powerful workout.

1. DGB profile image59
        DGBposted 6 years ago in reply to this

add some guns n's roses in there  and some pantera xD

1. 0
          A Texanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Pantera! The other little ol band from Texas!

2. Madison22 profile image78
          Madison22posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good one's!

2. 0
    WayneAnsellposted 6 years ago

It's all mental. Listening to the music lifts your mental energy which in turn lifts your physical energy. The power of the mind is amazing.

Before a three mile minute had ever been run, physicians had declared the feat impossible for the human body. Runners believed, and no one could run a three minute mile. The first year after Roger Bannister ran the first three minute mile, the feat was accomplished again and again by several runners.

The mind is a powerful tool for accomplishing anything physical.

3. 0
    A Texanposted 6 years ago

I see people running all the time but I never see who is chasing them, weird!

4. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 6 years ago

Music gets you goin no matter what you do, it helps to realize adreanalin! I use heavy metal,rap and hiphop when i workout. Never been into panters but slipknot,rammstien,powerman 5000, rob zombie,distubd is a different story!

5. jobister profile image60
    jobisterposted 6 years ago

Music is definitely inspiration in my opinion. I think it helps us focus especially when the task at hand does not require a lot of brain power. Running or exercising is a great way to listen to music, it stimulates our mind and takes the focus away from the pain our body endures during a hard workout.

6. Sab Oh profile image60
    Sab Ohposted 6 years ago

I don't think so. I never understood the need of some people to have some noise in their ears every waking moment of their lives.

7. george41 profile image61
    george41posted 6 years ago

I listen to music when running and it takes my mind off the the tedium, monotony, of jogging or running and I have a better run or jog. Not to hearing myself breath heavily helps too.