jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Will the Toronto Maple Leafs make the playoffs this year>>

1. personalguru profile image60
    personalguruposted 8 years ago

Being a long time Toronto Maple Leaf fan, I find my team again fighting to make the playoffs.
    What I don't get is why does this happen year after year. Why is it, that Toronto, Canada's largest city, a very wealthy city at that, cannot seem to get our hockey team into the Stanley Cup Final? If Toronto has all this money, ( the Leafs are consistently the biggest money making hockey team in the NHL) why can't we make the playoffs?

Does anyone else wonder what is wrong with the Toronto Maple Leafs??

2. elisabeth reid profile image78
    elisabeth reidposted 8 years ago

Because they're the Maple Leafs.  No such word as Leafs.  They need to just drop the 'Leafs' altogether and become the Toronto Maples.

THEN maybe they'll win Lord Stanley's Cup.

(sorry...that's my personal pet peeve for the year.  Last year it was 'Blue Jackets'.  How mighty can the Blue Jackets be?  Does the image of a Blue Jacket make you quake in your skates?)

1. personalguru profile image60
      personalguruposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I never thought about that Elisabeth. Maybe they should change their name, Maples, or how about something more positive, to get them moving in a new direction, something like
      The Toronto Winners, or Toronto Successors.
      They have 8 games left to play this year, 6 points behind Philly, they sure like to keep us fans sitting on the edges of our seats.

3. 61
    Brendan Kposted 8 years ago

Well it doesn't look like the Leafs will make it this year.  Before last season I waited years for my team (Penguins) to return to the play-offs.  We got a chance to go in as the #1 seed in the east this year.  Whether we go in as #1 or #2, the Pens can't take any team lightly, every team in the play-offs is a legitimate contender in todays NHL.