Woo hoo!

1. kerryg profile image88
    kerrygposted 6 years ago

Evan Lysacek gets gold!

I am not even a huge fan of Lysacek, but I LOATHE Plushenko with a passion and was ecstatic to see him get silver.

I'm still mad about Johnny Weir's scores, though. Both of his programs deserved much better marks than they were given, and there's no way he should have gotten lower scores than Chan and Lambiel in the free skate. I like both (especially Lambiel, who was the single most beautiful to watch of any of the men last night - so graceful and elegant and his spins are just insanely good) but Weir skated cleaner than either of them and should have gotten fourth at least. ~pouts~

I enjoyed all three of the Japanese guys, too, especially the one who got the bronze and the kid who had trouble with his skate. His Chaplin program was really cute and well done and I was sad that he lost points for something as silly as a broken lace. Also pleasantly surprised by some of the up and comers, like the Kazakh kid and the French-Brazilian guy, and it was nice to see Jeremy Abbott pull it together and do well after his disastrous short program.

2. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

I just found this looking for an olympic thread.

yes, I agree, it was great to see Lysacek skate his way to gold.
    I thought his performance was far better than the arrogant russian. Plushenko is all about performing, but looked terrible receiving his silver medal. he's still whining about his loss. he thought he had it wrapped.

USA now playing hockey in quaterfinals. hope they can take the Swiss.

3. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

woo hoo!!!!!!!!

final. usa 2  swiss-0