jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

LaDainian Tomlinson No Longer a Charger

1. wavegirl22 profile image49
    wavegirl22posted 6 years ago

LaDainian Tomlinson has been released by the San Diego Chargers, ending a nine-year run in which he became one of the N.F.L.’s best running backs. Finances were partly responsible for the decision to cut Tomlinson.  The Charges would’ve owed him a $2 million bonus had he remained on the roster into March, and the team decided the money could be better spent elsewhere. He had 730 yards on 223 carries for an average of 3.3 yards a carry, all career lows.

Tomlinson now finds himself on the open market, in a year when, barring some unforeseen series of events, teams will be operating without a salary cap, and therefore might be willing to spend some money on depth.

Who is going to be the lucky team that gets LD and will they spend the bog bucks to do so?

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
      Ron Montgomeryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

New England will pick him up for much less than he wants.  They are famous for attracting players near the end of their careers with visions of Super Bowl rings.

1. 0
        A Texanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Visions is right! He should go to New Orleans and actually get a ring, after all, he is from Texas.

2. Michael Willis profile image78
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

He has had a great career. The injuries have caught up with him and the heavy workload put on him in his early years. Someone will pick him up, but look for him to be added depth type of player. He will not get the money he is used to though.

3. wavegirl22 profile image49
    wavegirl22posted 6 years ago

LOL it all comes back to Texas! Yeah baby. .

and to think I was crossing my fingers he would come to New York ;(

Actually I am hearing the Vikings are thinking of grabbing him.

Antonio Gates is already missing him . .