jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

How many yards will Chris Johnson run for next season?

1. marinealways24 profile image59
    marinealways24posted 7 years ago

How many yards and do you think he will win the rushing title next season?

1. Michael Willis profile image76
      Michael Willisposted 7 years ago in reply to this

He is awesome. What is so amazing  about his yardage this past season is that he got off to a slow start to begin the season.  If he had rushed in the first 5 games like he did the last 11 games, he would have destroyed the All-Time rushing yardage for a season.

He will have another great season next year. Probably be the league leading rusher. But, if Young improves, the Titans will not have to rely on  C.J.as much as they did this past year. This would take away from his rushing production.  And teams will be even more focused on C.J. this time around.

Yards prediction.....hard to guess, but I will go out there and say in the range of 1,600 to 1,700 range. It is hard to repeat the year he just had.

1. fantasyendzone profile image59
        fantasyendzoneposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I would agree also.  I don't see him posting numbers like last season.  I would say that he is good enough for 1,600-1,800

fantasyendzone

2. marinealways24 profile image59
    marinealways24posted 7 years ago

Thanks for posting you 2. I invest money in his sports cards, you guy's are helping me out. One thing that worries me is his size, it would seem 1 stong hit would knock him out, but he seems to bounce right back up after every hit. It also looks like he tries to cushion his hits compared to someone like Adrian Peterson that goes in head first. AP is one of my favorites.

You are welcome. Johnson is a special young back.  Over time as he keeps taking those hits, he will begin to wear down. I look for Fisher to try to use Johnson in a way to have him in top shape all season.
      Johnson shocked a lot of people last year. If you noticed the last few weeks of the regular season that he did slow down a bit.
      He was up against a couple of the league's worst run defense. It looked certain he would break the all-time rushing record. But, he seemed t o struggle some.
      I know these teams were looking for him, but in the middle of the season it didn't matter if you looked to stop him or not. Johnson still ran all over the place.
      I was hoping he would break the record this past year. It would have been great to see it.

1. marinealways24 profile image59
        marinealways24posted 7 years ago in reply to this

He is definately a quick seller on Ebay. I didn't get to see many of his games in the past, but he has some excellent numbers and he is only on his 3rd year. I think as long as he doesn't get his head knocked off or lose a leg, he will continue to break records. I know he didn't get the all time record this season, I think he did get the record for yards from scrimmage, not sure.

Yes he did. He broke Marshall Faulk's record.  He is sure to be a top fantasy player pick next year.

working