jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

A Better World Cup Song...?

1. MerchantsBarter profile image61
    MerchantsBarterposted 6 years ago

This might be 2 questions in one, but here goes either way...

#1. Is England/ UK the only country that goes mad with football/ soccer songs in support of their national team?

#2. We really like this chant by The Laddz, "Chant Like an English Fan" (http://myspace.com/theladdz) has anybody else heard a better, more catchy song that you can actually chant AND dance to...?

1. Cattleprod Media profile image85
      Cattleprod Mediaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Waka Waka (This Time for Africa) - Shakira and Freshly Ground is the official FIFA WC song.

2. El Kap profile image59
    El Kapposted 6 years ago

Off the top of my head, I think the Germans have a habit of nicking our songs and then going even more mad about them - remember 1996 when they stole "Football's Coming Home?".

1. 0
      sophsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Tut! Thieving Germans!!

1. GarethAdams2010 profile image78
        GarethAdams2010posted 6 years ago in reply to this

They must still be bitter from years past!

3. sportyfunster profile image82
    sportyfunsterposted 6 years ago

Waving Flag by Knaan, isn't that the World Cup Song for 2010?

1. kcreery profile image61
      kcreeryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Waving Flag is the official song for the World Cup.  Canada doesn't have a World Cup Song and hasn't made the World Cup in years.  Maybe we should host the World Cup so we can qualify and then we can get a song.  Knaan is Canadian so maybe that's as close as we get to making the World Cup.

4. ns1209 profile image36
    ns1209posted 6 years ago

Check out my hub about the best England World Cup songs.  http://hubpages.com/hub/England-World-C … d-Cup-2010
    Sorry I would not post this normally but it seemed very relevant and I thought it might actually add to the conversation.

I think UK probably does go most mad when it comes to football songs!

5. realrazi profile image59
    realraziposted 6 years ago

lets start waving flag!

1. Simple Tim profile image61
      Simple Timposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree Waving Fag is an awesome song! and it's useful to all soccer fans not just a speciifc country.