jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

New winner

1. 60
    jameshardley2002posted 6 years ago

Fifa is coming and so is it's fever. We have been see many new comers teams that were totall surprise packages. What you guys think about this worldcup. Is there going to be any new winner?

1. 60
      Johno and Morrisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I reckon you cant really look past Brazil to be honest I think their 2nd half performance against Ireland last week was a joy to watch. Though if they are to be stunned I reckon Germany or England could suprise a few people. As for Spain and Holland I reckon its going to be a same old story of so much potential but failing to play. France will struggle in the group stage unless they get rid of Raymond Domench for a team to watch for i reckon Ivory Coast especially if they can get Guus Hiddink I reckon they could be stunning Portugal who was very lacklustre in the qualifiers. Finally as Donnacha C said Argentina will struggle if they keep hold of Marradona

2. Donnacha C profile image85
    Donnacha Cposted 6 years ago

If Argentina gets rid off Maradona I would put my money on them for sure! Unfortunately with Maradona I don`t see Argentina winning. As far as Brazil goes, they have won the Confederation Cup last year, so they are under that curse as usually the winner never goes on to win the World Cup then.
    Who else left, Spain? Good team, for me not a World Cup winning team. For an outside bet I`d say The Netherlands could provide good odds and a fair entertainment.

3. Betty Reid profile image61
    Betty Reidposted 6 years ago

No African team has ever made a World Cup final, and Ivory Coast is the best of the African teams in the tournament.