jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Butler Did It!!!

1. Michael Willis profile image78
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

Yes! Butler beat Michigan State 52-50 to make it to the NCAA Championship Game. What a great game it was.  A team from a conference Not in the Big-6.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image81
      IntimatEvolutionposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I know!  How exciting for Butler.  I am so happy for them boys.  What an honor.

2. flread45 profile image83
    flread45posted 6 years ago

I like to see smaller schools get in the playoffs.

3. Michael Willis profile image78

On ESPN a week ago they were talking about how the smaller schools with all the upsets are good for the first 2 rounds, but after that it should be the big name conference schools or the tournament will lose fans. I say BULL to that.
    I believe Butler in the Finals and If they win it all.....this will be the best tournament I have ever witnessed. I love to watch Butler play basketball. They play the game with technique and talent; the way it should be played. And...they make free throws!!!

1. Aficionada profile image93
      Aficionadaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This year is the 100th anniversary of Hoosier Hysteria, the Indiana high school basketball championship. 

Originally, there was no separation of high schools by size within the statewide basketball tournament (but a school "class" system has been instituted in recent years). That mixture of school sizes in the tournament was the background for the based-on-reality Cinderella story of the movie "Hoosiers." 

How cool would it be if this 100th anniversary year could see a Hoosier Cinderella story at the national college level?  I'm for it!  And I'm with you - I don't see how it will cause the tournament to lose fans.

4. sportyfunster profile image81
    sportyfunsterposted 6 years ago

Great game by both MSU and Butler, but Butler pulled if off. Should be a great National Championship game on Monday.

5. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 6 years ago
    1. 0
      woolman60posted 6 years ago in reply to this

DUKE vs BUTLER

Duke 68
      Butler 71

6. Michael Willis profile image78

Now there is talk on the internet sports sites that the Center for Butler (Howard) may Not even play tonight after a couple of hard hits to the head Saturday. They are worried about concussion.
    If Howard is a no go...I see Duke winning early and in a blow-out big time. Butler will have no height to contain the Duke inside players.