jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (16 posts)

Are you happy Tiger Woods lossed?

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
    Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago

Apparently, according to ESPN, tiger woods not only lossed and received a lot of criticism during the masters.  he was also called out by the commisioner himself.  do you think he deserved all of it?  or maybe we're too harsh on him?  please discuss.

oh by the way, here's the article i read in case you want further details.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st … ons/100412

1. AuthorFBradshaw profile image80
      AuthorFBradshawposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Didn't phase me one way or the other...

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I'm not happy he lost. I wouldn't have cared had he won. I'm not really a golf fan.

The commissioner better have led a lilly-white life...

3. 0
    Madame Xposted 6 years ago

Everyone's gone on far too long about this Tiger nonsense - even Tiger. It was between him and his wife. End of subject. He was a fool to "apologize" in the media. Like anybody cares!

He's a great golfer though and I do like watching him smile

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
      Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago in reply to this

yeah, but try to tell that to the fans booing and heckling him throughout the masters though.  according to the writer on espn, there was a lot of people rooting against him in the masters.

1. 0
        Madame Xposted 6 years ago in reply to this

yeah, that stinks - and it ruins the Masters for everybody else. I taped it but haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

But I did see Phil win smile

2. blondepoet profile image80
        blondepoetposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That sucks when I watched some of it, the crowd really seemed to be for him and cheering him.
        Sport is sport and life is life.
        If people are coming to spectate, any outside negativities should be left at home.

4. Inspiration101 profile image73
    Inspiration101posted 6 years ago

I agree about the apology. I really think it was the media that wanted to see an apology and watch him squirm. I doubt very much that anyone else really cared.

I'm not happy that he lost. I don't care either way really.

5. Rayalternately profile image61
    Rayalternatelyposted 6 years ago

I'm more concerned about what "lossed" means! big_smile

1. JWestCattle profile image60
      JWestCattleposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's nagging at me as well....... As for Tiger, before all of this truly awful fiasco of his, I was fond of saying he would be someone I would vote for President, he seemed so level-headed and studious, we had an actor in Reagan, why not a golfer in Tiger for the Presidency?  Now, clearly that was an errant thought, maybe. 

I wanted Tiger to win.  I actually started watching golf once Tiger was in the news, and braved the crowds years ago in Dallas with my niece to see him play in a tournament. Once it was clear that Tiger wasn't going to win, yikes, it ruined the whole thing. Golf requires patience to watch, and someone who really captures your interest to watch, at least for me.  He'll win the Masters again, and again and again, I have no doubt, he'll get his groove back.

6. europewalker profile image82
    europewalkerposted 6 years ago

I don't care either way. I am glad that Phil won though, it was nice to see him do so well.

7. 0
    Kenrick Chatmanposted 6 years ago

Pro and Anti Tiger Woods Fans both contribute to ratings.

8. Sab Oh profile image61
    Sab Ohposted 6 years ago

I'm very sad about the grammar in the title of this thread.

9. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 6 years ago

Not happy he lost so much as I am happy Mickelson won. Especially in lieu of what is happening to his wife.

10. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

Its ok, Two from Texas are included in the top five and Tiger is still Tiger hehe..

11. IFD1253 profile image79
    IFD1253posted 6 years ago

The reason Tiger was taken to task by the Commissioner was his profanity laced tirades within earshot of the cameras/mics.  Now, Tiger has been doing this for years, much to the ire of Jack Nicklaus in particular.  CBS should know better than to him basically mic'ed at all.

The problem is two fold.  When he made his apology, he was emphatic that he would clean up his on-course act.  He said that his childish behavior of cursing and throwing clubs was over.  First, it reflects very poorly on the great gentleman's game.  Second, he looks like the spoiled brat that he has shown himself to be.  Grow up, brother.  I saw a grade school kid throw a tirade like that after losing a wrestling match at an all Catholic-school wrestling meet.  He was booed off the mat (and he's 10).

I don't really care one way or the other if he wins again.  However, he needs to give this charade up, embrace the a-hole that he is and run with it.  Maybe the "character" change would actually increase his popularity.  It works in professional wrestling all of the time!!