jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Is this the season of Redemption for The NY Mets???

1. DJ Funktual profile image86
    DJ Funktualposted 8 years ago

Johan is a nice addition but he can't do it all himself.  Pedro's hurt.  Do you think Willie should have been fired after the record setting collapse or was it just a statistical fluke?

2. elisabeth reid profile image79
    elisabeth reidposted 8 years ago

I think it was a fluke...and I don't think he should have been fired.  I'm glad he's still there -- that's one of my pet peeves, as a matter of fact.  I realize that baseball (all professional sports and some college sports, ie football, for that matter) is a business and, as a business it's there to make money and to make money one generally has to win -- but the operative word in there is 'generally'.  There are exceptions.

Look at the Cubs. 

I just wish there was a little more loyalty in professional athletics.  It's frustrating enough for fans when their team doesn't win, but when there are so many changes  -- many of them based on the almighty dollar -- it gets frustrating.  For me, anyway.

And no...I don't think the Mets are going to do it this year.  Santana was a great addition but you're right...he can't do it on his own.   Pedro's spent more time on the DL than he has on the roster since they signed him and they've made some other changes that have had me wondering.

Besides -- it's 2008.

It's the Cubs year.

3. DJ Funktual profile image86

great tag btw, huge allmans fan!

GREATEST OFFSEASON PICKUP SO FAR?   angel pagan, ryan church are both hitting over .350 replacing Alou and Milledge.   We also just signed Claudio Vargas formerly of Milwaukee to take a few starts while we wait for el duque. 
    duaner sanchez is almost ready to come in and save my bullpen.

if you like we can finish this convo at http://hubpages.com/hub/The-2008-New-Yo … Redemption

4. 59
    mike12572posted 8 years ago

Duaner finally pitched last night 9th inning  6-0 win against nats....

i like to think this our year, but im a dolphins fan also so...........???

1. DJ Funktual profile image86
      DJ Funktualposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Are you in NY or So. FLA?  I'm in Pompano Beach

5. DJ Funktual profile image86

NO ONE IS HITTING and the bullpen is in shambles (3 Grand Slams already.)