jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

World Cup in the US?

1. RT9 profile image60
    RT9posted 6 years ago

With US in the running to get the 2018/2022 FIFA World Cup do you believe we will get the bid and if so what city do you believe should be the site of the World Cup Final?

1. 0
      Twenty One Daysposted 6 years ago in reply to this

WHAT? Heaven forbid.
      No the States won't get the bid after SA, maybe Asia or Canada.

2. mcrow profile image61
    mcrowposted 6 years ago

I can't really see them picking the US. How do you have the sport's premier event hosted in a country where it's not even on the radar of the other top sports?

The only way I see it happening is if they think that by having the WC here, they might help make the US a more soccer(football for the rest of the world) friendly country.

1. Sab Oh profile image61
      Sab Ohposted 6 years ago in reply to this

They did it before.

But y'all can have it, we mostly don't give a poop about soccer.

3. GarfieldGates profile image85
    GarfieldGatesposted 6 years ago

I don't see them picking the US any time soon.  However, if they did I think they would most likely do it in the LA - California area.

4. Stan's Stats profile image61
    Stan's Statsposted 6 years ago

The US had the World Cup in 1994, theres a lot of countries that are in line for the football world cup before the states gets it again.

5. Super Chef profile image65
    Super Chefposted 6 years ago

I was at the World cup in 1994 i was only a young man. I remember the main stage was in a city starting with a P like Pasadena or Philidelphia. It was so long ago I cannot remember. Anyway I dont think the U.S.A will get it so soon I think England may have a strong bid as they last hosted it in 1966 the year they won it.

1. GarfieldGates profile image85
      GarfieldGatesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I can agree with you there that England may get it.  After all, their infrastructure will have already been built up to handle a massive event because of their hosting of the 2012 Summer Olympic games.

6. ns1209 profile image36
    ns1209posted 6 years ago

Yes I think the UK will get it!

7. premierkj profile image78
    premierkjposted 6 years ago

If England don't get the World Cup in 2018 I will eat my laptop. It is far overdue and well deserved for the great work in overcoming the hooligan problem. That said, if Blatter has his way he'll pick the least rational place on earth.