jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Nationals

1. Omagneous profile image59
    Omagneousposted 6 years ago

What does the future look like for baseball in DC?  How many years removed are the Nationals from a playoff season?

1. jobister profile image61
      jobisterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am surprised they are above .500 after a month into the season. I say within the next 3-4 years they will be a contender. NL East with the Phillies who have a good pitching and bats that can do damage it will be tough for the Nats to win the division outright. They would have to be a wild card team contending with the likes of the Cubs, Dodgers, and Giants.

2. B4UPLAYBALL profile image18
    B4UPLAYBALLposted 6 years ago

It looks like the Nationals are for real!  They currently hold second place in the NL East just behind the Phillies. And who ever heard of a club's relievers leading the league in wins (Tyler Clippard - 7) and saves (Matt Capps - 14)?  Wait till Steve Strasburg is brought up!

3. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 6 years ago

They'll make the wildcard this year for sure. The have enough talent and finally found the right coaches.They need to have another setupman so clippard doesnt burn out in august and not rush strausburg! I hope they grab another 3rd basemen as well for backup eventhough kennedy plays 3rd.

1. jobister profile image61
      jobisterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'll give them another year or so before they make it to the playoffs. The SF Giants, or Dodgers are tougher teams than the Nationals and should make the playoffs.

1. optimus grimlock profile image59
        optimus grimlockposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The nats will do better then the giants. the Giants have to many hit or miss hitters and the panda isnt so big right now.  There pitching staff will keep them in the playoff hunt tho.

working