jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (14 posts)

NBA Playoffs are set to Start This Weekend. Who this years Champions!

1. kia31 profile image47
    kia31posted 8 years ago

They say its the Lakers Year for the West and the Celtics for the East.  I am praying that its the Mavericks but they way it looks know the Celtics have to be the Favorite.  In my Heart I feel the Mavericks are going to get it together and take it all.  What do you Think.

2. CMOE profile image61
    CMOEposted 8 years ago

Jazz are looking pretty good!!!  Even Charles Barkley is predicting them to win it all.

1. Junkster profile image61
      Junksterposted 8 years ago in reply to this

because we all know Chuck knows how to back the winner smile haha, only heard about his gambling woes yesterday. shame.

Back on topic though, if the celtics beat Cleveland in game 7 (I am in the UK and have to wait to download the game, going to watch it tonight!) then I can see Boston going all the way.

That's assuming that Ray Allen finds form in the next series and our outside scoring gets a big improvement!

3. Peter M. Lopez profile image92
    Peter M. Lopezposted 8 years ago

Spurs v. Celtics

Go Spurs Go.

4. crashcromwell profile image79
    crashcromwellposted 8 years ago

The Celtics post season has been so strange that even though I am a huge fan, I can't honestly predict they will win it all. I wonder if any team has ever gone through the playoffs and won the championship by being undefeated at home and winless on the road?

5. Junkster profile image61
    Junksterposted 8 years ago

Hmm, I agree, being a celtics fan myself I can't honestly see them winning the finals, I'd love to see them do it and Paul Pierce get MVP (after game 7 of the cavs series alone) but I'll be watching game one against the Pistons tonight when I finish work.

One thing I will say, Ray Allen better catch on fire in the next series as I'd honestly prefer Eddie House or Sam Cassell starting before him at the moment.  What the heck happened against the Cavs??!

6. crashcromwell profile image79
    crashcromwellposted 8 years ago

I can't believe Ray Allen is simply choking, so it leads me to think he's pressing too much, like it's a monkey to get off his back. The question is whether his lack of production is hurting the team. To the extent that they have won both of their series so far, I would say not. The likelihood is that the rest of the team is picking up the slack. That said, it would make it a heck of a lot easier for them to win a game or two on the road if he were performing up to his usual standards.

7. Junkster profile image61

Great point! although against the hawks they still couldn't get a road win.

Thank god Rondo has been playing out of his skin.  I still havent watched game one against the pistons yet but if he's still in this slump then I think we need to consider House or Cassell starting, preferably House, he's come on leaps and strides in the post season!

1. crashcromwell profile image79
      crashcromwellposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I just saw the paper that the C's had lost at home last night. Now I guess we'll see what they're made of. Detroit's going to be pumped going home, and they're going to be tough to beat. They'll have to win at least one in Detroit, or it'll be over in six.

8. Junkster profile image61

I really don't fancy Boston's chances away from home, the facts don't lie: they choke when playing away to a charged playoff crowd, they play off that when at home and it must mess with their heads when the crowd aren't roaring for you.

I still can't believe how ridiculously difficult it has been to get a consistant outside shooter, Allen is obviously tanking, Posey used to be a good 3pt shooter at miami and in bosotns season but again playoff jitters have him missing, House can sink some at the most random of times and Rondo too. 

In game 2 of the pistons series I saw Garnett taking jumpers from just inside the 3pt arc, is there any chance of him catching the pistons off guard by trying for a few 3's during the next game?

If there's one thing that has hurt the celtics this year in the playoffs it's having no outside shooters, especially since they've come up against a good ammount of great shooters (lebron, billups, prince, bibby etc)  Every other aspect has been great, Perkins getting more boards, garnett being unable to miss a fade away jump shot and rondo cutting and slicing to the basket.

Not to mention Pierce playing out of his skin in the seventh against Cleveland, I'll be keeping that game for a long time, amazing game for him.

9. molej profile image61
    molejposted 8 years ago

I think it will be LA and Boston. LA are up now 3-1 with their win tonight.

With Boston and Detroit it is more difficult, I think this may go to 7 games. I think Boston will win in the end.

10. Junkster profile image61

Thanks for the vote of confidence Molej! I hope Boston make it through too, for some reason I really like it when series' are evenly matched and go to game 7.  Our game 7 against Cleveland was amazing, could have gone either way right up to the end.

I'll be watching game four of boston v detroit tonight so hopefully I'll see some improvement in Ray Allen from the previous 10 games of the playoffs!

11. CMOE profile image61
    CMOEposted 8 years ago

I hate LA.  Please let anyone win but Kobe!

12. Junkster profile image61

I don't like the lakers simply for the reason that the crowd is a who's who of hollywood and the try-hards.  Case and point: David beckham and his sour-faced wife sat there trying to be seen by the photographers.

Really would like to see Bston against lakers and us sweep them 4-0! haha, there's no way Kobe's getting MVP and Playoff MVP!