jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Cushing busted for HCG - Is that a masking agent for steriods?

1. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 6 years ago

I saw former USC linebacker and current NFL rookie of the year - even after the re-vote has been banned for four games because he tested positive for the banned substance HCG.

Many sites say HGC is a masking agent for steroids, while others say that's not true.  If it's not, what kind of performance enhancement can you get for HCG?

1. kcreery profile image62
      kcreeryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What happened to taking old fashioned steriods?  I guess everyone is trying to get that extra step to get that sack or tackle.  It can be the difference between an average player and a great player.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

I don't know-- but if he is masking steroids, I guess he could get the benefit of the steroids, without being detected in the tests.

3. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 6 years ago

It does mask steroids in certain test, it just depends on the test given. Different tests pickup different illegal substances. The sad thing is, if you know your body well enough busting your butt,proper nutrion and supplementation will help you almost as much as illegal stuff will!!!

4. Daniel Carter profile image90
    Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago

Google hcg and you'll get a boatload of stuff on it. It's the new weight loss rage. It's basically an enzyme created during pregnancy which spontaneously creates all kinds of stuff in the body, including weightloss. Men are using it in body building shows to cut fat and reveal more muscle. It also has other beneficial side effects, but no known long-term effects. Hence, I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. Who knows long-term what other problems it might cause.

My exwife uses it. 'nuff said.