jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)

NHL Playoffs - Canadiens upset Penguins

1. mrpopo profile image89
    mrpopoposted 6 years ago

A few lucky goals thanks to Fleury, but an otherwise solid performance I'd say.

First the President's Trophy winners, then the reigning Stanley Cup champions...

Everyone thought they'd be cannon fodder, but yet here they are. We've lost arguably our biggest influence in Game 1 of the series, but even without Andrei Markov, the Habs still have a lot of heart. Halak's performances of late have been tremendous in getting us this far, Camalleri's seemingly unstoppable one-timers have him leading all players in goals and 3rd in points, and with the youth infusion of PK Subban (who turned 21 yesterday - happy belated), not to mention the grinding efforts of Travis Moen and Maxim Lapierre - it's hard not to like this team!

It'll be mouth-watering to see them in the Final. I kind of want to see them vs San Jose - I didn't think San Jose even deserved to be there, they got a lot of questionable calls going for them against Detroit (Setoguchi comes to mind quite a few times). If the Habs were to upset them...

Ah, mustn't get ahead of myself. They still have either Boston or Philly to go up against, so whoever it is, bring it on!

Go, Habs, Go!

1. Greek One profile image79
      Greek Oneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

As I have already written an extensive Hub on why Montreal is not to be supported, and would only like to add here:  "GO LEAFS GO: tongue

http://aidangordon.com/images/go_leafs_go.jpg

mrpopoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hahaha, thanks for the comment Greek One.

I WANT the Leafs to do well, but reality just doesn't comply tongue maybe next year though, I'd like to see them make the playoffs.

Though your management throwing away that first round draft pick infuriates me...

After reading your Hub, I have not changed my mind. Appreciate what the Leafs have done for the Canadiens in the past, but let's make this a friendly rivalry. Don't have grudges based on the actions of fans, have grudges based on the actions of players (*cough* Setoguchi).

Gotta support the only Canadian team left on the playoffs though. And maybe one day we can relish the thought of a Leafs-Habs conference final.

Until then though, I'm just fine watching the Habs with their "revamped" team edge over Ovetchkin and Crosby.

1. Greek One profile image79
          Greek Oneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

i forgive you, but I am not sure God will

tongue

LOL!

Oh well, so be it smile

2. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 6 years ago

What's next? The Flyers beating the Bruins smile

3. sportyfunster profile image82
    sportyfunsterposted 6 years ago

Game 1 tomorrow evening between the Flyers and Habs. Should be a great series.

Aww yeaa, looking forward to it.

4. Beth100 profile image83
    Beth100posted 6 years ago

Go Habs Go !!!!  I've always been a fan since I was knee high to a grasshopper!  Go Habs Go !!!!!

http://cdn3.ioffer.com/img/item/117/565/225/VnjK.jpg

http://americansportsblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/the-stanley-cup.jpg

5. Glenn S. profile image60
    Glenn S.posted 6 years ago

Go Flyers!!!
    What an outstanding come back.

That was an amazing upset, Habs-Flyers should be a great series.

6. Beth100 profile image83

do you remember the last time these two teams met in a series?

I think two years ago the Habs beat the Flyers in the first round, wasn't it? At least I think so

7. Beth100 profile image83

I have terrible memory lapses...can't remember that series.  Refresh my memory?

Sorry, my mistake. Two years ago the Flyers beat the Canadiens 4-1 in the second round.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Stanley_Cup_playoffs

working