Who is gonna win the world cup?

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (34 posts)
  1. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 13 years ago

We are going to have a bet on it at home, I am as yet undecided. Who do you think will get it this year? smile

1. profile image0
      BBManposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If Rooney plays well then England may get to the SF and from there it's anyone's game. Personally the teams I think will be in with a realistic chance:
      Spain, Argentina, The Netherlands, England, Brazil, Germany and probably four or five other sides.

If I have to tip anyone, and aside for England I'd go for The Netherlands......maybe...or Argentina...hmmm I can't bet against Brazil surely....whooaa I forgot Italy....O heck!!!!

ENGERLAND ALL THE WAY!!!

2. Polly C profile image90
    Polly Cposted 13 years ago

I don't know, but no doubt not England!!

wrenfrost56posted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol I know what you mean!

3. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 13 years ago

If it goes to penalty shoot outs I'll just bite my hands off!

wrenfrost56posted 13 years agoin reply to this

If it goes to penalties, I will bite my arms off! I watched the soccer aid match yesterday, (which was ace!) and even that was scary. smile

4. Sufidreamer profile image78
    Sufidreamerposted 13 years ago

Not Greece, anyway!

I might have a little punt on the Dutch - decent odds at the moment and they certainly have the talent smile

Mind you, if I place a bet on them, it will also jinx them!

1. mrpopo profile image71
      mrpopoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think they have good chances too, but Robben got injured now hmm

5. optimus grimlock profile image61
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

usa!!!! its hard to watch this boring sport, its much better to play!

6. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

Totally impartial here, but I think Greece will win smile

http://images9.cafepress.com/product/276990589v3_225x225_Front.jpg

I still think the Leafs will take it in 7 tongue

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

but what about these guys?

http://totallylookslike.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/128865554947026005.jpg

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
          SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ooops!  wrong thread....

7. jondav profile image70
    jondavposted 13 years ago

Brazil

8. chinweike profile image59
    chinweikeposted 13 years ago

Who on earth does not know is NIGERIA?

NAIJA 4 LIFE!!!!

9. maruthirp profile image60
    maruthirpposted 13 years ago

England has better chances of winning this world cup. They have a teem all set to win a world cup.

10. Fishing Videos profile image56
    Fishing Videosposted 13 years ago

Brazil oh course

11. skmania1 profile image58
    skmania1posted 13 years ago

Brasil for sure!!!!!

12. Anolinde profile image80
    Anolindeposted 13 years ago

I live in Japan and my husband is Japanese, so I'll be watching their games, but they won't win for sure.  I'm an American so I'll be rooting for the USA, but they probably won't win.  So, I'm hoping that England's gonna win 'cuz I'm an Anglophile tongue

13. ns1209 profile image64
    ns1209posted 13 years ago

Many teams have a great chance but I want England to win (doubt it!) probably Spain.  I have a hub on this very subject though called Who Will Win the World Cup. 

I can't wait till kick off!

14. LaMamaLoli profile image59
    LaMamaLoliposted 13 years ago

My condolences to you all....Spain is going to win the world cup. Viva Espana!

15. Cattleprod Media profile image59
    Cattleprod Mediaposted 13 years ago

I live in South Africa - the host country - so I'll have to say SOUTH AFRICA... despite the only reason for us being in the tournament is because we're hosting it lol :p Hope you all enjoy the show we're putting on smile

16. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

I would go for Spain or Argentina (who have sorted themselves out).

I want England to win, but I suspect Semi-Final is as far as we can go...

17. abidareacode profile image68
    abidareacodeposted 13 years ago

If Spain wins today they will be the champions of FIFA World Cup 2010.

18. profile image0
    selrachposted 13 years ago

Spain v Argentina final if I have worked out the games properly.

Spain will win 2-1

19. abidareacode profile image68
    abidareacodeposted 13 years ago

Uruguay had stepped into quarter finals now.

20. Chaotic Chica profile image59
    Chaotic Chicaposted 13 years ago

That's easy-the one that doesn't lose!! See how painless that was! wink

21. profile image52
    styles2009posted 13 years ago

I tip on Germany,they are a determined team

22. alkantenik profile image60
    alkantenikposted 13 years ago

Final: Brasil-Spain
    Champion: Brasil

That's what I'm going for too smile

23. nasus loops profile image63
    nasus loopsposted 13 years ago

Could be Brasil, they certainly looked good on the ball last night.  England should take a look at how there defence works and get some tips, then we might just be able to move forward and up from this shambles of a World Cup attempt.

24. bsscorpio8 profile image61
    bsscorpio8posted 13 years ago

VIVA BRAZIL!!!

25. profile image56
    heebstarposted 13 years ago

I think either Brazil or Germany.

However, many good teams that usually do well (France, Spain, Italy) have been knocked out early so its anyones game.

Well, of those who still have a chance.

1. bsscorpio8 profile image61
      bsscorpio8posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Spain is in.VIVA BRAZIL!!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)