jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (16 posts)

England v USA - Looking forward to it?

1. profile image0
    ryankettposted 7 years ago

I can't wait, it will be a cracker of a first game for both nations. I am starting on the beer pretty early.

Any Americans excited about this?

1. waynet profile image47
      waynetposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yeah y'know what's going to have to happen, I'm going to have to sky plus my doctor who to watch afterwards and I've never sky plussed doctor who ever, since it's been the new one anyhow!!!

We should win because everyone is flying the England flag and yes I'll be getting the beers in early tomorrow morning!!!

2. Sufidreamer profile image81
      Sufidreamerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Off into Sparta to watch the Greece vs South Korea match and the England game.

Going to be a long, sunny day of football and beer tongue

3. ediggity profile image61
      ediggityposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No, we are to busy keeping up with the NBA Championships, MLB Baseball, and the start of real NFL/BCS Football season.  However, if we win, you know we will be on the bandwagon.

2. WizardOfOz profile image59
    WizardOfOzposted 7 years ago

hahahaha!

Americans playing football with Britain.  HAHAHA!!

This will be truly funny!

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Well actually they will be playing football with England, since England is just one of four countries which make up 'Great Britain'.

3. WizardOfOz profile image59
    WizardOfOzposted 7 years ago

yeah but they don't really count do they.  Certainly not Wales.

1. Richieb799 profile image62
      Richieb799posted 7 years ago in reply to this

LoL why don't Wales count? wink

4. jondav profile image64
    jondavposted 7 years ago

I can't wait, although those annoying trumpet things the crowd have are bloody annoying.

1. kephrira profile image60
      kephriraposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I know what you mean, I turned on the first match yesterday and thought it was being attacked by a swarm of giant insects fro the noise. Not a bad match though, well done South Africa for putting in a decent performance against a better team.

5. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 7 years ago

"Yawns" - Those brits began losing in the 1700's and haven't stopped yet.  Not much to see.

lol lol lol

Let the beer mugs fly!

6. kingis profile image80
    kingisposted 7 years ago

Is Beckham playing for England?  Whether he is or not, England will win.  They are better at soccer than the U.S.

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Whilst I agree that yes we are a better collective of individuals, I still think that it will be a close game. The USA are a physical team, certainly no pushovers. I see an England win, but not by a particularly significant margin.

Beckham is injured which effectively means that his England career is over. To be honest I wouldn't have had him as any more than a squad player anyway, I think that Aaron Lennon poses much more of a threat on that right side if we can get the ball to him in advanced positions.

7. Anolinde profile image86
    Anolindeposted 7 years ago

Oh, yes! smile  It will be on at 3 AM here so I might wait to watch during the replay at 8 AM tongue  Two of my favorite countries (though I'll be rooting for the US because I'm American) tongue

8. kephrira profile image60
    kephriraposted 7 years ago

I can't wait. It's a great first match for England - tough enough to be exciting but still one that we should be able to win.

9. optimus grimlock profile image61
    optimus grimlockposted 7 years ago

if it were football we'd beat every team on the planet. this is soccer, we'll beat england alls we have to do is be physical.

working