jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (22 posts)

Football England v America good luck but

1. Nell Rose profile image89
    Nell Roseposted 7 years ago

we are gonna thrash ya! ha ha England 3- America 0
    (please note this is just for fun, don't wanta start an argument!)
    What do you think the scores are going to be?

1. Norah Casey profile image78
      Norah Caseyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Haha, I hope not! But... I'm not counting on a win. Defense on team USA is just terrible. Bradley isn't a spectacular coach (to say the least), and we have some great players that seem to be going to waste. I'm hoping we do well this year, but I'm not expecting anything stupendous.

Then again, South Africa was looking fairly terrible in the first 25 minutes of the first game, the coach was literally checked out, and they ended up tying with Mexico. No small feat for a team that was supposed to get trampled!

Crossing my fingers for USA! smile

2. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 7 years ago

Haven't got a clue about football Nell, but I can't see how England can lose, so I will vote for 2-1 to England.

Saying that, probably tomorrow morning we will wake up tomorrow morning with egg on our face, but that is par for the course when you're English! LOL smile

On a more important note, we got beaten by the Aussies at rugby, I think the score was 27-17 to the lads down under.

3. Polly C profile image88
    Polly Cposted 7 years ago

I say 2 - 0 to England - no way will America win! Having said that, in the friendly they played against Japan last week, England were rubbish. I'm no fan of football, but my son has started becoming obsessed

4. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 7 years ago

Surprisingly, FIFA has said that Americans have bought the most tickets for the tournament - really didn't think they were that interested in soccer in the States.

There's already a queue of people buying crates of Stella in the shop across the road - probably a night to stay in and keep your head down if you don't like football. Anyone want to watch a DVD?

5. Nell Rose profile image89
    Nell Roseposted 7 years ago

Hi, thanks for all the reply's, I am off down the Regatta today, it is nearly as prstigious as henley Regatta, so I am all dressed up ready to go sit in the enclosure, drink wine, can't afford champagne! and watch the rowing, then go back out into the fun fair Yeah! the town is packed with people all wearing their boater hats and stripy jackets, and the fair is so loud I can hear it from my house! and then back for the footie, or perhaps just watch it in the pub!

6. jayjay40 profile image81
    jayjay40posted 7 years ago

Looking forward to a good game, without penalties as my nerves won't stand it.

7. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years ago

First, there is no FOOTBALL game scheduled between our two countries.  Rather there is a sissified "sport" called soccer that we'll give passing interest to until FOOTBALL season begins.  As to who wins this er...contest, wtf cares.

P.S.  When you are visiting our country to escape the dreariness of your little island, they're FRIES, not CHIPS!  When you order chips and the waitress brings you a bag of Ruffles, quit bitching and learn to order properly. mad

Hands accross the oil-choked water,

Ron

1. Nell Rose profile image89
      Nell Roseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Got outa bed the wrong side did you? first point, we had chips before you had fries, fries are a french term! secondly our Island as you call it is the most beautiful in the world, and third we had FOOTBALL before you messed it up and called it soccer! the rest of the world agrees with that. Oh, and the oil? facts are better when they tell the truth. BP HIRED TWO AMERICAN firms to build, drill and work the rig and the pipe. So who exactly cocked it up? have a good day. you upset me now!

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
        Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Sorry, it was meant tongue-in-cheek. sad

8. rebekahELLE profile image93
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago

should be entertaining! England doesn't want to lose and US definitely wants to win. ha. either team can win and not advance to finals or the team that loses can still advance to finals!

go USA! big_smile  fish and chips if England wins, hamburger and fries if US takes it!

1. Polly C profile image88
      Polly Cposted 7 years ago in reply to this

haha, we've had our fish and chips already and it hasn't started yet!

9. prettydarkhorse profile image65
    prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago

I am rooting for US of A, GO USA team, off to watch now!

10. rebekahELLE profile image93
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago

1-1

11. maven101 profile image76
    maven101posted 7 years ago

Standoff...USA 1...England 1...final score

1. ediggity profile image61
      ediggityposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Whew, I'm glad I didn't waste hours watching for that outcome.  Go USA, I guess.  What if every game is a tie?  Can no one technically ever win?

12. Anolinde profile image86
    Anolindeposted 7 years ago

Great game smile

13. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 7 years ago

we got trashed!!!!! lol englends goalie allowed a goal a 10 year old would of stopped

1. Joy56 profile image60
      Joy56posted 7 years ago in reply to this

GO England,   football, soccer, it is all a bit boring......  Fish and Chips though Americans do not know what they are missing.   Come to the good old North of England for a cullinerary treat....

14. Sab Oh profile image61
    Sab Ohposted 7 years ago

Really hoping the US is eliminated as soon as possible. I don't want to have to suffer through some misguided people trying to 'make' soccer popular in the US, just to bitterly fail yet again.

1. Joy56 profile image60
      Joy56posted 7 years ago in reply to this

ha ha............  not much chance of that..........   love your country, just visited, where do you live, Sab Oh

1. Sab Oh profile image61
        Sab Ohposted 7 years ago in reply to this

New England

working