jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (14 posts)

Who is the best ? Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant?

1. ironking profile image60
    ironkingposted 6 years ago

Who do you think is the best? The ( 1991-1992 ) Michael Jordan with  Horace Grant and Scottie Pippen as his backup or The ( 2009- 2010 ) Kobe Bryant with Pau Gasol and Dereck Fisher as his backup

1. Ben Evans profile image74
      Ben Evansposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't think Kobe Bryant can even be named in the same sentence as Michael Jordon.

1. Derek D profile image61
        Derek Dposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree with you Ben.
        I respect Michael Jordon so much more as a player and human being than Kobe Bryant.

My votes for MJ.....................................cool

2. Sab Oh profile image59
    Sab Ohposted 6 years ago

Best at basketball? Larry Bird.

Best at selling stuff (and losing money gambling)? Jordan.

Best at getting away with rape? Bryant.

3. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 6 years ago

wtf barkley is way better at losing money gambling then jordan lol. O and magic is better then kobe

4. kingis profile image78
    kingisposted 6 years ago

I would pick Michael Jordan. The Chicago Bulls were a franchise with little to no identity in the NBA.  When Jordan entered the picture, he turned the franchise around.  It was not until Phil Jackson was the Head Coach and had the great supporting cast of Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant, Bill Cartwright, John Paxson, Dennis Rodman, Steve Kerr, Toni Kukoc, and other great role players to name a few, enhanced Jordan.  Jordan is a great player and ambassador to the game.  I do not think he is the best owner or executive but that happens.  Jordan is no doubt the best.

5. drej2522 profile image86
    drej2522posted 6 years ago

I'm going to have to say Jordan. He was clutch. Everyone knew that when the game was on the line, Jordan would get the ball...and he always delivered. I've never witnessed Kobe do that in the Finals...not once.

So really the big difference between the two players is this...Kobe is great but relies on his players to pick him up when he is down. Jordan is great but the team relied on him when the chips were down.

6. bojanglesk8 profile image60
    bojanglesk8posted 6 years ago

Obviously Mike.

7. wavegirl22 profile image49
    wavegirl22posted 6 years ago

I liked Sabs' answer the best!~

8. tobey100 profile image61
    tobey100posted 6 years ago

Kobe's not even in the same ballpark.  Michael was never a whiner or cry baby nor sought attention the way Kobe does.  One was an amazing, gracious athlete with incredible skills and respect for his team and the game.  Kobe is a spoiled child with talent.  No comparison!

9. DaMan92 profile image20
    DaMan92posted 6 years ago

Kobe is nothing compared to jordan. Michael jordan is like a basketball god or something

10. Roffi Grandiosa profile image60
    Roffi Grandiosaposted 6 years ago

jordan is number 23

while kobe is at 24

so jordan is better

11. jagbaza profile image60
    jagbazaposted 6 years ago

1stly I must say im a big Kobe fan......., and even i think Kobe's been the best player aftr MJ retired, i stil do think its a lil premature coz Kobe's just 31 and with 5 titles and 2 MVPs to MJ's 6 titles 6 MVP's. so im gonna giv it 3 more years 4 my boy kobe coz I think he can be d greatest ever. And u must remeber Kobe's is having it even thougher with defenders now adays dan Michael. players ear-marked to guard Kobe in games r bigger, some times heavier , a whole lot stronger n plenty of hands in the face not like just hands up bck in the 80s and 90s....................., Im just saying

12. jcales profile image74
    jcalesposted 5 years ago

Looking at Jordan over his 15 year career, Bryant doesn't come close to measuring up. Jordan won the Rookie of the Year Award, a Defensive Player of the Year Award, five MVP Awards, and six Finals MVP Awards.

Bryant's look like this: one MVP and two Finals MVPs.

For Bryant to even catch Jordan, he'd need a Rookie of the Year award (which of course he can't do), four more MVP awards, a Defensive Player of the Year award, and four more Finals MVP Awards.

Jordan "averaged" 32.5 points, 8 rebounds, 8 assists, and 2.9 steals, while shooting 53.8 percent from the field, 27.6 percent from three, and 85 percent from the free throw line.

During Kobe's best year in the league he averaged 31.6 points, 5.7 rebounds, 5.4 assists, and 1.4 steals on 46.3 percent from the field, 34.4 percent from three, and 86.8 percent from the free throw line.

This should not even come up. It is silly and far from being close. And your boy, KB, will always be discounted considering he had MDE, Shaq for 3 of those. Scottie was not as dominant as Shaq. Factor in other X-factor players like Horry, Fish, Fox you'll see KB 1st 3-peat team was better than Jordan's team overall.

And don't get me started on MJ's Final stats.

MJ never needed a game 7 to win
    Lowest finals score by a team  58 - Jazz in 1998 against the Bulls - MJ
    2nd lowest finals score "  "   67  - Boston 2010 against LA – KB
    MJ would never let his team get blown out the way KBs did in 2008 by 39 points.

If KB gets 4 more finals MVPs I'll consider it but I think Gasol or even Bynum could lift that in the coming years more than KB. It just ain;t happening. Miami will get somebody down low and then they'll win next year.

C'mon jag, how can the defense nowadays be better than the 90s physical style and brawls. KB gets to play against the Suns or Spurs, that ain't liek the 90s Knicks, Heat et al.There weren't many touch fouls and certainly no flagrant woosy fouls be called.

I still like KB, he is beautiful to watch, probably the best offensive footwork and pivots I have ever seen.  I'd definitely take KB over MJ in 3 pt FGs but that is all.