jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Epic Wimbledon

1. katiem2 profile image61
    katiem2posted 6 years ago

This was the best match ever, what a great one!  I loved it and am thrilled about the outcome.  What say YOU?  smile

Epic Wimbledon Match Finally Ends

John Isner & Nicolas Mahut shattered the record for the longest tennis match ever. But on the third day, Isner emerged as the winner after more than 11 hours of play.

2. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

I didn't see the end, but it's just astonishing what these two were able to do. thrilled for Isner, he must be feeling on top of the world besides feeling like a piece of human rubber. smile

katiem2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

He collasped in the face of victory, he was no doubt excited and exhausted at the same time over whelmed with relief.  Great match. smile

3. europewalker profile image82
    europewalkerposted 6 years ago

The match was incredible. I love watching tennis and am glad I got to see this one.

4. premierkj profile image79
    premierkjposted 6 years ago

This was just unbelievable 70-68 in the 5th set. Realistically though they were both just as bad as each other.

5. 0
    Precious Williamsposted 6 years ago

I thought it was great (because in the  UK it  wiped the World Cup off the front pages of the newspapers). John McEnroe made a tongue-in-cheek remark last night, that footballers are always getting injured and they only pay for 90mins  and  there are 22 of them. No one can deny the fitness of those two guys and Mahut went on to play doubles  a few hours later.  Phenomenal!

katiem2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Exactly, I was asking myself that last night, WOW how they must feel and what they do to bounce back for today... WHEW some match smile