jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Have you ever used a kayak fishing hand paddle?

1. Paddleman profile image61
    Paddlemanposted 6 years ago

Has any one tried, or have a story about, a kayak fishing hand paddle while out angling?

1. 60
      tbdtbd925posted 6 years ago in reply to this

kayak fishing hand paddle? what is that?
      if you are asking if anyone has paddled a kayak for fishing, i have a friend who goes kayak fishing, even in the worst of weather conditions. you only have to search youtube for kayak fishing to see how prevalent and enjoyable it can be.
      but if you are asking if anyone has a kayak paddle that doubles as a fishing rod, well, i don't think it has been invented yet. if it had been invented, i would applaud the inventor for creating something difficult to handle at either purpose.

2. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

Where I come from the sea is no more 20 minutes away from any point in the country. We have great fishing and we also use kayaks for fishing and eco tours in our OilFree coastal waters. roll

We have active kayak fishing clubs, white-water canoe clubs and competitions. I guess for a business like yours that relates to opportunity in a overseas market hmm

3. 60
    fishingspoonsposted 6 years ago

I've done a lot of fishing from a canoe, but never tried a kayak.  Seems like it would be a good platform for shallow water and tight areas.  I think I've heard its popular in the everglades in FL.

4. CYBERSUPE profile image60
    CYBERSUPEposted 6 years ago

Never have but I do have a Kayak and I love fishing, perhaps it is worth a try

5. 0
    china manposted 6 years ago

My one attempt at fishing from a kayak showed me that the rod must be short and the limited space is a big issue.  A paddle that doubles as a rod must be a good idea - got any pictures ?

6. 0
    Pezzyposted 5 years ago

Only with a canoe in the flats of Florida for trout, reds and snook. Canoe works great.