jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

The Biggest Shamrock: Shaquille O'Neal

1. receptionist profile image60
    receptionistposted 6 years ago

SHAQ has changed The Big Three of the Boston Celtics into a Very Big Four.

The Boston Celtics announced today that they have signed free agent center Shaquille O'Neal. O'Neal, a 7'1" center, posted averages of 12.0 points, 6.7 rebounds, 1.2 blocks and shot 56.6% from the field last season in 53 games for the Cleveland Cavaliers. The former Louisiana State Tiger is a three-time NBA Finals MVP (2000, 2001, 2002) and former NBA MVP (2000). He has been named to 15 All Star games and also has been named All-Star Game MVP three times. His 15 All-Star appearances are the second most all-time behind Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's 17. He is a member of four NBA Championship teams (3, Los Angeles Lakers, 2000, 2001, 2002; 1, Miami Heat, 2006). One of the 50 Greatest Players in NBA history (he was youngest member of this team, at the age of 24, when it was named in 1996), O'Neal also is one of just three players in NBA history to be named league MVP, All-Star Game MVP and Finals MVP in the same season (1999-2000).

Will he be the missing piece for the Celtic to rule the next NBA season??? roll

1. Mike Lickteig profile image90
      Mike Lickteigposted 6 years ago in reply to this

He won't be a missing ingredient since the Celtics were one victory away from winning another NBA title anyway, but he will help them, especially with the retirement of Rasheed Wallace and impending rehab for starting center Kendrick Perkins.  He will allow Kevin Garnett to spend more time at the high post, which will reduce wear and tear on KG's body, and he will allow the recently acquired Jermaine O'Neal to not play exclusively at center.  He will definitely help the aging Celtics compete, and if they were to get another shot at the Lakers in the NBA Finals, I'm sure O'Neal could and would turn back the clock for a chance to beat his good buddy, Kobe Bryant.

The question now becomes:  will the Celtics be too slow for point guard Rajon Rondo?

receptionistposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hmmm. yeah that's a really big question... I think the open court game of the Celtics will become slower... Hope that Marquis Daniels can help them in their open court game now that Tony Allen is not around.

2. thranax profile image58
    thranaxposted 6 years ago

Shaq's cool, thats why hes perfect for a place as perfect as Boston wink

I love that dirty water.

3. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I am not a basketball fan, but do live in Massachusetts and think it was a great acquiring for the Celtics. smile

4. receptionist profile image60
    receptionistposted 6 years ago

Same here guys.... I think Shaq's cool and I think he will not be a problem for Doc Rivers. Hoping to will the nest season despite of the fact the some teams have a really good upgrade on their roosters. We'll just wait and see...

5. Godwin Nwando profile image59
    Godwin Nwandoposted 6 years ago

Shaq is a nice pick up but don you think the ego of Shaq may hurt the Celtics.

receptionistposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No, I don't think so... Shaq's past problem is with his playing time and communication with the coaches... but with Doc Rivers... I don't think that's a problem at all... wink