search for vintage fishing ad

1. 61
    miss_likesbikesposted 6 years ago

I know this is a long shot, and possibly not the best location to post, but I thought it's worth a try.   

I'm looking for a specific vintage fishing ad (I think it was a brand of fishing rods?) that used to hang in my local diner. I went away to college, and when I came back I planned on asking the owner if I could buy it because I really like it and means a lot to me (personal history). Well, it was gone! And furthermore, the owner couldn't give me any info about it, where he got it or where it went, what brand the ad was for, etc etc.

The ad is old, maybe WWII era (I'm basing that on the clothes of the people). It's a man and woman who are sitting under a canoe that's been turned over as shelter from the rain. There is a fishing rod nearby. They look like they're sitting on the river bank with some trees around.

Anyways, if anybody out there is a vintage junkie/collector or just happens to know.. any information at all would help!

Again, I know its a long shot, but I really need to track it down! Thanks smile

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You might try searching on eBay or on Google images.

Heddon is the brand name of an old time fishing tackle company-- if you can search that or find other old company names you might get a clue.

Not much help... good luck!

2. 0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

I can add a few brands to the list to search google images with...

Ari Hart
    J W Young