jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Boise State beats West Virginia/BCS

1. Michael Willis profile image77
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

What an exciting game it turned out to be. Boise drives late in the game for the winning touchdown.  Like the telecasters kept saying, Boise will probably be screwed in the end because strength of schedule (conference), but...Boise is awesome!!!!!
    If Boise goes undefeated (once again) they deserve to play in the BCS Title game.

The poise of the QB Kellen Moore in that final drive showed the strength of this team. He should be a big time NFL prospect next April.

I am now a Boise fan for this season!!! Go Broncos!

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yay Broncos!  That's my home team - been over at my sons place watching it.  What a game!

2. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 6 years ago in reply to this

one fantastic ball game to watch, that was for sure.

2. Mighty Mom profile image92
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

My hubby was yelling at the top of his lungs!

AND they did it without any blue turf, too big_smile.

3. Michael Willis profile image77
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

LOL, have to admit I even got excited at the end. It was a great College Football game!
    The Broncos QB is sooo cool under pressure!!! He will make a great NFL QB.

4. John T. profile image60
    John T.posted 6 years ago

This was a huge game for us. Both teams played extremely well. You can ask my wife, I had given up on the Bronco's with about 5 minutes left. But somehow we pulled it out.  Kudos to both teams for providing a thrilling game!

5. Dobson profile image81
    Dobsonposted 6 years ago

First of all the OP is wrong they did not beat West Virginia, although they surely could have. The team they played was from Virginia Tech.

I was impressed by the Broncos. they seemed to have the total package and were ready to play. Unfortunately for them they are not in a major conference and unless there are a collection of two loss teams and they go undefeted (very likely) they will get no chance to play for the title.

1. Michael Willis profile image77
      Michael Willisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

OOPS, thanks for that Dobson. lol, through the excitement last night I made an error in the school.  You are right...Virginia Tech.

6. I am DB Cooper profile image67
    I am DB Cooperposted 6 years ago

Last night's Boise St/Virginia Tech game certainly lived up to the hype. The game was played almost as if it was a conference championship game. To Boise State, it was certainly as important as a conference championship game, because they're looking at running the table if they want to get into the BCS title game.

Even the uniforms were great for both teams. Boise State did away with their usual bronco logo on the helmet in favor of a much bigger bronco head that looked like it had been airbrushed on. Virginia Tech had some weird camo orange on their jerseys and undershirts and wore matte black helmets, which I thought looked great and is a trend that will probably spread around college football.

7. Jim Hunter profile image60
    Jim Hunterposted 6 years ago

With Boise States schedule they shouldn't get a shot at the National Championship game.

The big boys Alabama, Texas, Florida have to play teams that would hammer Boise State.

Nice story to follow but thats about it.