jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

NFL Football: Week 2 Picks

1. LakeShow T profile image81
    LakeShow Tposted 6 years ago

Because I just finished a hub and can't sleep, I thought I might as well post my picks in each game this coming NFL weekend. Teams in bold are my picks to win.........

Game of the Week:
    New England Patriots at New York Jets
    Great Game that may be won by the Moss/Revis battle. Jets will need to show more on offense to be able to score enough to beat the high-scoring Pats.

Other Games:
    Baltimore Ravens at Cincinnati Bengals
    Tough choice here. Cincy Swept the division last year, but the Ravens are primed for this season.

Miami Dolphins at Minnesota Vikings
    Vikes were undefeated at home last season and do cannot afford to lose this game and fall to 0-2

Arizona Cardinals at Atlanta Falcons
    Atlanta should get back to form with some home-cooking. I don't think Arizona will be any good this year.

Philadelphia Eagles at Detroit Lions
    I actually would have picked the Lions if Kolb was playing, but since it looks like Vick will get the nod, I'll go with the Eagles on the road.

Pittsburgh Steelers at Tennessee Titans
    Tough pick. This could go either way. I'd be surprised if CJ2k ran wild on the Steelers.

Kansas City Chiefs at Cleveland Browns
    Just because I have to pick one and because the Chiefs are better than last year.

Buffalo Bills at Green Bay Packers
    Blowout city

Chicago Bears at Dallas Cowboys
    Cowboys probably will still not be playing the way they would like. They will probably still make some silly mistakes, but they should still manage to pull this one out without too much difficulty

Houston Texans at Washington Redskins
    Most difficult game to pick. Whoever wins this will be getting a lot of media hype.

Seattle Seahawks at Denver Broncos
    Seattle looked good last week, while Denver didn't. I'll go with some reverse psychology here.

St. Louis Rams at Oakland Raiders
    Unless they tie, someone has to win. In that case, I'll take the home team.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Carolina Panthers
    I don't think either team will do anything this year, but I'll go with the Bucs because I have to pick some road teams.

Jacksonville Jaguars at San Diego Chargers
    Chargers by a couple TDs

Sunday Night Football:
    New York Giants at Indianapolis Colts
    Manning v. Manning. I think the Colts will recover from last weeks flop job.

Monday Night Football:
    New Orleans Saints at San Francisco 49ers
    Saints in a game closer and uglier than some may expect.

2. prettydarkhorse profile image65
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

Hi LakeShow,
    Pats, Cincy, Vikings (am still a fan of Favre), Eagles, Falcons, Kansas, Green Bay, Seahawks, Redskins, Cowboys, Oakland, Tampa, Chargeeeeeeeeeeeers, Colts and the Saints are my picks to win this weekend!

and of course I am really hoping Steelers --- YOOHOOOO! will win again!

1. LakeShow T profile image81
      LakeShow Tposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Great picks PDH! I wouldn't be surprised to see you get them all correct. Thanks for posting!

3. LakeShow T profile image81
    LakeShow Tposted 6 years ago

Yeah...soo, um...about these picks I made, just forget about them. They're looking pretty bad so far. LoL.

Vikings go down. Wow! They lost that game at least 5 times. Those were some incredible facts they were showing during that game:

#1 - Last season, the Vikings only trailed for a total of 20 minutes at home in their 8-0 destruction of the league. Today against the Dolphins, they trailed the whole game.

#2 - Favre only had two turnovers at home last year. Today he had 4.

Wild stuff there. Oh well, at least Laker season is ahead! LoL

1. prettydarkhorse profile image65
      prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi LakeShow, Dallas continue to lost their game too.
      it is too early to tell. Yesterdays games were nice though, Congrats to all the winners!
      And I am glad Steelers continue to shine!

4. Mike Lickteig profile image91
    Mike Lickteigposted 6 years ago

Go Chiefs!  Who would have thought Kansas City could start the season 2-0?  Who would have thought they could win on the road without a single touchdown from their offense? Even when they win, this is a tough team to watch..............