jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Arkansas vs Alabama--When a Loss is a Win!

1. Michael Willis profile image78
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

The Arkansas Razorbacks had the game their way. The Hogs led 20-7 and had a chance to even put the game away, but under Coach Petrino (as usual) their is no great defense.

The Alabama Crimson Tide turned to the running game behind Ingram in the 2nd half and Defense and came from behind to win the game 24-20.

Ryan Mallett (QB) of Arkansas was amazing in the 1st half. But the interceptions, over thrown balls in the 2nd half when the pressure was on him showed why he will not win the Heisman trophy or is not ready for the NFL after this season as a junior.

This game is a game that the Razorbacks had won after 2 and a half quarters. But defense wins games and Arkansas showed they couldn't stop Alabama in the end because of their lack of a strong defense.

The Arkansas Razorback football team did keep the game close and at least had a chance to win the game after a strong come back from Alabama. An Arkansas win would have been a huge upset in NCAA football.

The Arkansas Razorbacks win in many ways by losing in a close game. After being totally dominated last year in a 35-7 loss last year to Alabama, Arkansas made this a competitive game.

Arkansas showed they now are back as a team in the SEC football Conference. The Hog fans can finally be excited again by a team that fought a fight against the #1 team in the Country and lost it late by only 4 points.

Go Hogs!!! Now time to take lessons learned and move forward to be a challenger finally after many years.

1. LakeShow T profile image80
      LakeShow Tposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah. Arkansas had this game. I feel sorry for Ryan Mallet. He's a good QB but he will be having nightmares about that last careless interception. You could tell he was just trying to throw the ball away. That's a tough mistake. The INT he threw before that did not help either. That was just an ill-advised throw. Very solid showing by Arkansas--they had Alabama on the ropes. I thought they had it! I am guessing they are going to feel sick for quite a while for how they lost that game.

1. Michael Willis profile image78
        Michael Willisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am sure the loss will stay with them for a while. If it does, losses will mount though. I am upset for the loss after what should have been a Win, but...OK with it since we kept it to a close game.  I did not expect Arkansas to win this game, so to lose by such a close score is a plus for Arkansas.

Arkansas needs a running game and a defense.

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
          dutchman1951posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Arkansas is doing fine, building in strength and stamina, they made mistakes, and also were against a very good Team, as an equal, but not better. The Arkansas coach is a brilliant coach and they will learn well from this one.

Bama's Coach was frustrated at the end, you could see it in the interviews after the Game, he knew he was lucky.

Alabama will see Arkansas again...This year (Championship game for the SEC in Atlanta), mark my words...it aint over...the fat lady did not sing today!