jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

The 2010-11 NHL Season

1. kingis profile image79
    kingisposted 6 years ago

The 2010-11 NHL Season begins on Friday, October 7th.  The Chicago Blackhawks come in as the defending Stanley Cup Champions. The Blackhawks were very busy this off season trading or letting key members of the squad go including star goalie Antii Niemi.  So, will the Blackhawks repeat?  Will the Washington Capitals go further in the Stanley Cup Playoffs?  Who will be the surprise team of the NHL?  Feel free to express your thoughts here.

2. ShamrockSports profile image60
    ShamrockSportsposted 6 years ago

I don't think the Blackhawks can repeat (only returning 11), but they do have a shot. 
    As much as it hurts me to say, Washington would be my early season favorite. Not much done in the off-season, but the pieces they have can get it done I think.
    My homer pick would be the Flyers, but too many uncertainties surrounding goalie cause me to try to surpress my excitement for them. 
    I leave Pittsburgh off my list due to general disdain for the western part of PA, losing Gonchar can't be good either.

3. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

well...if Greek One wasn't so tired, I'm sure he'd be saying sumthin' about the TO Maple Leafs....go TO! lol

4. Mikeydoes profile image80
    Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago

Well I'm a blackhawk fan, so its almost impossible for me to give you an unbiased opinion on who is winning it(again).

5. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

...oh what the heck, i know he needs his sleep...but maybe this will wake him up a bit....