jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Sir Alex is "happy" with goalles away draw against Sunderland....

1. Donnacha C profile image84
    Donnacha Cposted 6 years ago

do you think standards are slipping at Man U? After a lacklustre, goalles -and lucky, I might add- draw against Sunderland, Ferguson said that it was in fact a good result beacuse the team has come away with a point, keeping a clean sheet.....

1. TomB88 profile image61
      TomB88posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't think standards a slipping, the standard of the league is increasing year by year and easy win games don't exist like they used to even a couple of years ago.
      I'm a Man United fan and was disappointed by the team selection and tactics against Sunderland. Were still gasping for a creative midfielder besides Paul Scholes who can really change a game, should have got Rafael Van Der Vaart ( now playing at spurs) he wanted to come but instead we paid £7 million for somone random unproven Portuguese Bebe instead of £8 million for a Dutch international coming into his prime at 27... ridiculous and we won't win anything until we address the need for a few more attacking stars.

2. ns1209 profile image37
    ns1209posted 6 years ago

I'm also a United fan and really wished they had just bought Ozil for about £13 million - cheap for such a talented player who has many years to play, who said he would like to play for them and also is attacking - what we need after we sold Ronaldo!

I can see us finishing third this season behind City! sad

1. TomB88 profile image61
      TomB88posted 6 years ago in reply to this

It is early days and we'll have to see if City can maintain momentum and form , i agree about Ozil would have been a great signing but i think he wanted to go to Real Madrid and that's why we lost out not because we didn't want him.