jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Week 5 Predict any Upsets?

1. wavegirl22 profile image45
    wavegirl22posted 6 years ago

Can Chris Johnson get back on track Sunday against the Cowboys?

Tampa Bay Over Cincinnati QB Freeman is hot, while Palmer is not and he continues his 2010 struggles.

If the Chiefs offense is able to run wild over the Colts and keep Manning on the sidelines, their defense and special teams may be able to do just enough to pull off the upset and leave them the NFL's lone undefeated team.

And then of course there is the Jets playing the Vikings...If Favre and Moss can make a couple big plays in the passing game, opens up running lanes for Peterson,Minnesota might have a chance to take down the Jets at the Meadowlands. And we still dont know if Revis will play as Ryan is leaving it up to him to decide whether he will play‎!

Doubtful   . .but hey  . .. its the NFL and anything can happen!

1. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image92
      EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 6 years ago in reply to this

KC was looking like a good call for a while. They're going to be good in a few years also.

2. LakeShow T profile image80
    LakeShow Tposted 6 years ago

Call me a Vikings fan but I'm hoping the Redskins beat the Packers. Actually, I'll take it one step further and call it. Redskins over Packers. 23-21

Not an upset but I will take the Bengals over the Bucs.

I think the Colts will destroy the Kansas City Chiefs, so that there will no longer be any undefeated teams. 31-10

Panthers over Bears (without Cutler)

Lions over Rams for their 3rd win in the last 3 years I believe it would be.

Game of the Week
    Vikings over Jets. I don't think the Jets will be running wild against the Minny defense like they did last week against Buffalo. Nobody has been able to run on the Williams wall over the past half decade. Sanchez will be the key for the Jets. Whether he can get the ball down field on Minny's mediocre pass defense will largely determine their success. First Revis, now Cromartie have trash-talked Randy Moss. That will prove to be a mistake. Moss is not an opposing player who you want to motivate. Why would a team want to make things more difficult on themselves?

3. wavegirl22 profile image45
    wavegirl22posted 6 years ago

Too bad Stafford isnt playing, it would have been the first overall pick in 2010 would have met the first overall pick in 2009. My money is on the Rams, Spags just has them going and I think they just might win the NFC West .. hehe .. will be fun to watch that!

As for the Jets, well you know the last time the Jets won a Superbowl it was all about the "Guarantee"   . . now was that considered trash talk. .??

All in all alot of good matchups this weekend . ..

4. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image92
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 6 years ago

I had the Rams, Titans, Bucs, Giants, and Cards. Technically, I also picked the Jags, but that wasn't much of an upset. I'm taking the Vikings Monday.

wavegirl22posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Eye how can u take the Vikings????

No plse say u were kiddding!!!

1. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image92
        EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I took 'em for the points and it was looking like a lock until Favre did his thing.

5. LakeShow T profile image80
    LakeShow Tposted 6 years ago

Redskins over Packers panned out! What I could not have predicted ,however, was the Cards taking down the Saints and, to a lesser extent, the Raiders taking down the Chargers. All of that is even more indicative of the parity in the NFL.

Go Vikes on Monday! We need to get revenge on the city of New York for embarrassing our Twins out of the playoffs again sad

wavegirl22posted 6 years ago in reply to this

no revenge to be had. .

just for the record . .the Jets are now. . .4 - 1

Revenge my A....

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/3932551_f248.jpg

And . .. . not only are the Jets the team to beat . . gotta send some love out to dem . .

YANKEES!!!!

working