jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)

Who do you think will be the next England Football Manager?

1. stwcar profile image31
    stwcarposted 6 years ago

The obvious candidates are Harry Redknapp or Martin O'Neill but, the talk from the FA is it must be an Englishman. Although Harry fits the bill, what about Glenn Hoddle as an alternative.

My blog says why Hoddle could be the man for the job.

Glenn Hoddle - The next England Manager?

2. profile image0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

No way.

What did he achieve last time?

He offended the nation by suggesting that disabled people were bad people in previous lives.

Lost the dressing room by forcing the players to take the controversial supplement Creatine, which has been closely linked to severe organ damage.

He then got us knocked out of the World Cup in the 2nd round.
    No thanks, I would rather Glenn Hoddle and his 'faith healer' Eileen Drewery stayed firmly away from the England set up.

'Never go back' is a principle that most apply. It didn't work out the first time, why would it work out again?

Give somebody else a chance. Harry Redknapp for me, but there is also Sam Allardyce. I would take Martin O'Neill, but I think that its time for an English manager.

Redknapp has single handedly revived the fortunes of numerous clubs, is universally well respected, is familiar with half of the England team - including Crouch, Defoe and Bent, and this is his last chance.

Give Redders the job.

3. CASE1WORKER profile image84
    CASE1WORKERposted 6 years ago

it might be O Neill

gossip is that he was seen at Leicester City ground before Sven was appointed- so maybe he got told to stand by for a better offer.

4. stwcar profile image31
    stwcarposted 6 years ago

I do agree never go back, we did at oxford utd and didn't work out. I was also horrified to hear Steve mcclaren was being linked to the job again.

5. CASE1WORKER profile image84

when is capello leaving anyway?

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

After Euro 2012, so about 18 months smile

A lot can change before then, another manager could emerge, or we could even win the damn thing and Capello may fancy another crack at a World Cup!

stwcarposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That would be the best time for him to get out as he could demand a big fee elsewhere, as he would been seen as a successful manager again. Restoring his reputation that dived during the summer.

6. CASE1WORKER profile image84

in our dreams!

7. stwcar profile image31
    stwcarposted 6 years ago

I have heard that huddle is ticking all the right boxes within the F A. He does have a massive hurdle jump after his disabled comments. Many politicians have said stuff they have had to resign over, only to return a few years later. Redknapp does seem to carry some baggage regarding tax allegations, that could scare some of the old boys within the F A.

stwcarposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Should have read hoddle, predictive text.

1. TomB88 profile image60
        TomB88posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Capello thinks he would be too old by the next world cup so i think we will have a new manager in 18 months.
        Harry Redknapp for me , forget his baggage of tax allagations hes the best English manager by a country mile , hes turned managed to turn Spurs from under achievers to a competitive top team , he deserves it.
        The only other English manager i would consider giving the job to is maybe Roy Hodgson, things aren't going right for him at Liverpool but thats because of problems of the pitch,  he would be a good England manager but may be too old as well by then.

8. Donnacha C profile image81
    Donnacha Cposted 6 years ago

Roy Hodgson...he will be sacked soon as a Liverpool manager (not entirely his fault though) and it will nicely be timed with Capello`s sacking/resignation....
    probably Martin O`Neill for Liverpool then.....

9. Fuller_legend profile image85
    Fuller_legendposted 6 years ago

I would hope for Harry Redknapp. He's the only stand out English candidate in my view.

working