jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

2010-2011 NBA Finals Predictions

1. LakeShow T profile image81
    LakeShow Tposted 5 years ago

With the long-awaited and highly anticipated NBA season getting underway tonight, what better time to share predictions for who will make the NBA Finals this season.

For me, it will be Dejavu all over again with the Celtics and Lakers meeting in the finals once again. I think the Lakers will ultimately prevail in a 7 game epic just like last season as well.

The Lakers have owned the Western Conference and this would be their 4th consecutive trip to the finals if they were to make it. I still think they are head and shoulders above everyone else in that conference. They have size that cannot be matched, they have improved their bench this season, and they have a player named Kobe Bryant. The only thing that can hold them back is injuries.

As for the Celtics, I think they have the Championship experience, team chemistry, and just matchup well with Orlando and Miami. They also have a great defense and have improved in the middle with the addition of ShaQ and Jermaine O'Neal.

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
      Stevennix2001posted 5 years ago in reply to this

i think it will be lakers and celtics again as well because of various factors. one, the lakers have no competition out in the west.  sure, there's the thunder, blazers, and rockets but those teams are still too young and inexperience to challenge them, as they can't compete with the lakers size and length yet.  as far the mavericks?....what about them?  they're over rated.  Hell, I'd name them the orlando magic of this decade, back they had shaq and they always choked in the playoffs.

in the east, orlando is over rated.  I should've known better than to fall for their style last year, but any team that lives by the three like they do is ALWAYS going to lose in the playoffs.  The Bulls and Bucks are still too young in the east.  As far as the Heat, they're going to be the number one seed in the east for sure, but they won't go far in the playoffs.  Mainly because for one, they're not that freaking deep, and they lack size. Seriously, they have a power powerforward, Udonis Haslem, playing center, so you know they're in trouble. 

therefore, i think the celtics will have another rematch with the lakers.  Who wins between them?  I honestly don't know, as I think it can go either way, as there's too many variable to consider.  Is Kobe health going to be an issue that late into the season?  Is Bynum going to be able to stay healthy again?  Are the Celtics going to manage to keep their old guys healthy?  Are they going to be able to play good TOGETHER instead of one of the big three stepping up at a time like last year?  Plus, you have to factor in that it was a pretty close game 7 last year and the celtics didn't have their best defensive big man on the floor.  therefore, if Kendrick Perkins remains healthy and stays out of foul trouble, then who's to say things won't turn out different.  add in the fact that the celtics have more size and a deeper bench, then they might actually beat the lakers. therefore, i think it will go to a game 7 with them, where any team can win or lose.

1. LakeShow T profile image81
        LakeShow Tposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Very good analysis, Steven! I do agree that the Heat will have the best record in the East due to the fact they are going to feel like they have to prove themselves every night. and because the Celtics could not care less about the regular season. When the playoffs come around, the Celtics will flip the switch and turn it on, and like I mentioned, that will be just too much for the Heat and Magic.

2. Greek One profile image80
    Greek Oneposted 5 years ago

Raptors over Lakers in 4 games!

3. LakeShow T profile image81
    LakeShow Tposted 5 years ago

Celtics and Lakers win on opening night, while the Heat fall flat. That just reinforces my opinion the Heat will not be able to beat the Celtics in a playoff series.

4. twshogun profile image61
    twshogunposted 5 years ago

I say we will see a repeat of last season's finals but Boston win's it this time. And I am not a Celtics fan. These are vet's in Boston with the bench included.  Shaq and Jermaine O'Neal are the Rasheed Wallace upgrade.  You add, Delonte West and Perkins back into the fold this team is better than last year.  The Lakers added also but I think Boston did it better.  Give the Lakers credit their talent is younger (Eubanks and Carcter)but will take time to gel.