jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Sean Payton - Crazy like a fox

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 5 years ago

The onside kickoff in the Super Bowl was incredibly risky.  If the ball goes toward anyone other than Hank Baskett, the Colts recover and probably win the game.

Last night he challenges a call that reverses a Steelers touchdown but gives them the ball on the 6 inch line - first down.  What are the odds that an under performing defense could keep the power running Steelers out of the end zone 3 straight times from point blank.  His call was a challenge to his defense to man up.  They did so and used the inspiration to shut down the Steelers the rest of the way.

He may just be the best coach in the NFL when it comes to assessing risk v reward.

1. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image93
      EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Better than if they already had the touchdown. Not that I disagree that he is a great coach...just saying there wasn't a lot of risk involved in that particular decision.

2. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 5 years ago

I thinks its more caculated with a mix of backyard football. Hit them when they least expect it. This year the saints are up and down put the will make the nfc race interesting. I think the super bowl team comes from the nfc south not the north!

3. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 5 years ago

That's a low percentage challenge that it will change the outcome.  In this case it worked and was the difference in the game.

4. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago

One way or the other, sometimes yes but not all the time that he can get away with his supposedly smartness..