jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Our Giants Won the World Series: Woo Hoo!!

1. bgamall profile image88
    bgamallposted 5 years ago

Best pitching team in baseball, maybe ever. Cooled the bats of Texas and Philly, and were really awesome.

1. lorlie6 profile image84
      lorlie6posted 5 years ago in reply to this

WOO HOO!  Thanks, bgamall, for the info!  We couldn't watch the game tonite so now my whole family's going NUTZ!!!

Big, big Giants fans from waaaaay back!

2. Dorsi profile image91
    Dorsiposted 5 years ago

There by a party in the BAY TONIGHT!!! YEAHHHHH GIANTS!!!

3. gracenotes profile image93
    gracenotesposted 5 years ago

Congratulations to your S.F. Giants for a spectacular win and season.  Very impressive.

I'm not a big baseball fan, but as a resident of Dallas/Fort Worth, I just had to follow the Rangers' post season.  I may be disappointed, but it's just like a radio personality here said yesterday:

"They're playing the World Series about 20 minutes from my house!!!"

4. bgamall profile image88
    bgamallposted 5 years ago

I was taken as a kid to Giant's games from 1958 at Seals Stadium through 1967. I saw Willie Mays go from first to third on a ground ball to the third baseman and as the batter was thrown out at first. I saw some amazing baseball. Yet as great as their stars were, they didn't have enough good pitchers like now.

When my wife and I were first married, I went to see the Angels play in Anaheim and my young adult hero was Nolan Ryan. I saw him pitch 6 innings of no hit ball trying for back to back no hitters. That was only done once. Hank Aaron, in his last season got the hit in the 7th to stop it. Sorry for Nolan in this series as he is president of the Rangers.

Kind of funny, a tree hugging hippie from Seattle, Tim Lincecomb beat the Texas Rangers!! smile He is a very gifted young man.

5. LakeShow T profile image81
    LakeShow Tposted 5 years ago

Amazing job by the Giants in putting everything together at just the right time. I am from Minnesota. I was vacationing in Vegas in mid-August and ran into a couple of San Francisco Giants fans from San Fran. They were congratulating me for my Minnesota Twins and their success to that point because they had given up on the Giants. That's hilarious when thinking about it now. What a job that Giants team did to recover from being a team that looked like it would not make the playoffs late into the season-- and then turning it around into a hot playoff push and subsequent and even more incredible playoff run. Once they beat the Phillies, I had a hunch they were going to take The Championship because they were so hot. That makes a big difference come playoff and World Series time. Congrats.

bgamallposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. Momentum in baseball is huge. So is pitching, and they were like the old Dodgers, with Drysdale and Koufax and leadoff batter Maury Wills who should be in the hall of fame. The Giants in those days had big hitters and only a few good pitchers. So the Dodgers would win by Wills stealing second, going to third on a ground ball, and scoring on a sacrifice fly. Used to drive me crazy.

I am sure the fans of Philly and Texas were driven crazy by this great modern day Giant's pitching as well.

6. bogerk profile image87
    bogerkposted 5 years ago

I am definitely a big NL baseball fan, so I was rooting for the San Francisco Giants. I only wish the Milwaukee Brewers could get a pitching staff half as good. Ahh, well. Congratulations!

bgamallposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Bogerk.