Why did the Bills pick up Shawne Merriman?

1. I am DB Cooper profile image66
    I am DB Cooperposted 5 years ago

The Bills, who have yet to win a game this season and therefore have first dibs on players put on waivers, claimed Shawne Merriman from the Chargers. This move doesn't make any sense to me. The Bills aren't going to contend this season, and bringing on Merriman for just half a season isn't going to improve them at all for future seasons. Merriman is a shell of the the player he used to me, so this just seems like a waste of Ralph Wilson's money. Because of the Bills terrible performance this season, even if Merriman does play well for them it will only mean he doesn't re-sign with them next season. Teams want to see if he can still play, and if he can he's going to go to a contender. So, for the thousandth time this season, I find myself asking "what the heck were the Bills thinking?"

2. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 5 years ago

Because its a hope that he can regain his form as an allpro. He's delt with knee injuries and both think hes over it, it doesnt hurt either party.

3. LakeShow T profile image79
    LakeShow Tposted 5 years ago

I think your analysis is spot on DB. It doesn't make much sense to me either. I don't think there is much of a chance he resigns with them, and they're not going to make the playoffs, so they're just wasting their money.