go 6burgh who do you think gets to the super bowl

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (29 posts)
  1. hubzer profile image60
    hubzerposted 13 years ago

Please make 2 picks from nfc and afc.After seeing the win in the Bungles house we got a shot for the ring .We need the offensive line to get healthy and play much better.Now,my afc picks are our Steelers or the Colts to go to the super bowl.As a Steeler fan,i may always be a bit bias. December 5 is a big game. please beat the old Cleveland clowns better known as the Ravens.(almost as good as a super bowl win) My  nfc picks are Packers or Eagles.In fact when the Packers get some key players back, they will be back.Good luck to your team if your team is not Baltimore.

1. DJProfessorK profile image61
      DJProfessorKposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am liking the Tampa Bay Buccaneers v. Kansas City Chiefs.

Two teams with huge momentum on their side and plenty of young talent. They'll be able to go farther than last year for sure.

Another possibility is New Orleans v. New England

2. optimus grimlock profile image61
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

ravens and packers but dont count out the nfc south!!

hubzerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Optimus,You are right nfc got 3 teams that are playing well.Who else do you pick in the a.f.c?

3. prettydarkhorse profile image55
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

Steelers (me Steelers fan), Jets, Pats

Giants, GB, Eagles

Steelers v Giants Superbowl 45 here in Arlington, Tx seven mins away from my place..I will line up very early if Steelers will be in.

Wow that sounds great.Stay healthy Steelers and Steeler nation .We shall see.success2us and cheers hubzer

4. optimus grimlock profile image61
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

id say the raiders,chiefs will suprise the colts if they stay healthy and maybe the jets

5. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

Don't overlook San Diego.  They are once again bouncing back from a horrible start.  Tennessee could also make some noise.

Giants and Falcons look pretty tough in the NFC.

6. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image73
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 13 years ago

I have to revise my preseason picks just a slight bit and take Atlanta to be the loser to Green Bay in the NFC Championship. Otherwise, I'm sticking with the Jets to beat the Ravens in the AFC Championship before beating the Packers in the Super Bowl.

7. wavegirl22 profile image48
    wavegirl22posted 13 years ago

New York Super Bowl
    http://s1.hubimg.com/u/4002324_f248.jpg
    http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4081362_f248.jpg

1. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image73
      EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You're half right.

tongue

8. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 13 years ago

I'll take the steelers vs eagles. The eagles have holes, but I think Vick is that dominate. He can carry them.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

IF...he stays healthy.

2. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image73

I've had nothing but criticism for Vick since Dan Reeves' last season in Atlanta, but he's actually starting to show some potential to live up to all the hype this season.

However, unless he is going to start playing defense, I don't think he can solve the Eagles' real problems.

9. LakeShow T profile image73
    LakeShow Tposted 13 years ago

In the AFC, the Ravens and Steelers are the prime contenders for me. Who wins out of the those two is a toss up being that they have similar styles. This is the first time in several years that I have not had the Colts as one of the prime contenders, but I just think their injuries continue to mount against them. As great as Peyton Manning is, he can't do everything with absolutely nothing.

In the NFC, I know I am going to catch a lot of flack for this, but I am sticking with the Minnesota Vikings. Sure, many will say they are very unlikely to make the playoffs, but Sidney Rice is returning soon and their veteran group of players really want to win it. Screw Childress, these guys play for one another and will strive to be successful despite him--similar to a recent report on the mattter. The most difficult part of the schedule is over. They also proved last season that they can go on a big run. I think they can carry the momentum of last week's big comeback win. Along with them, I think the Saints will also be able to turn it on when they really need to in the NFC.

Not going to give you flack but after the Bears loss,are you sticking with the Vikings?

The big run is as over as Childress' head coaching career is.

1. LakeShow T profile image73
          LakeShow Tposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's the blessing in disguise out of this whole fiasco. Whether it be immediately, two weeks from now, or at the end of the season, Childress is almost certain to be relieved of his duties. That time can't come soon enough. It's good for him that he got paid this past offseason because now I won't feel bad for the guy for taking the abuse he does from the fans.  The fact of the matter is that this guy wouldn't belong coaching a high school team.

I've heard some speculation that he might have some sort of compensation clause in his contract.  But outside of that possibility, I can't understand what they are waiting for. This team couldn't play much worse at this point and it's pretty obvious even the players don't like Childress.

2. LakeShow T profile image73
        LakeShow Tposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nope. I'm throwing in the towel. This was a Bears team they should've beaten and they ended up playing their worst game of the season and made the Bears look like the best team in the league. LoL. All of the controversy within the Vikings has now overtaken them this season and it appeared as though they had given up in this game. Since Favre had joined the team last season, there was never a time going into a game where I didn't think the Vikings would win because Favre gives you that chance. But all the life is now sucked out of this team and it does not look like they even care anymore. Everything has gone wrong this season. Just everything.

10. hubzer profile image60

It will bre interesting to see what Viking team plays the Packersa today.Colts and Pats will show me if my Colts pick was a good one.Watching EAGLES is always fun. Go Steeleers beat Raiders success2all Hubzer

Any suspense was petty much gone by halftime.

11. rotl profile image61
    rotlposted 13 years ago

Patroits vs. Saints

12. hubzer profile image60

Pats(Bear killers) and Saints are looking good,but i want the STEEAGLES to make it a P.A. Super bowl .A long way to go and who is going to be healthy and on a roll? Greenbay is looking like its playoff hope is in trouble without Rogers. Good luck to your team if your team is not the Ravens.

13. hubzer profile image60

The Jets are not talking as much,go 6burgh.7BURGH has a nice ring for more rings.Pack and Bears should have another good game. The Pack is looking like winners.Who do you like ?cheers Hubzer

14. AskAshlie3433 profile image61
    AskAshlie3433posted 13 years ago

Steelers vs. Packers

1. wavegirl22 profile image48
      wavegirl22posted 13 years agoin reply to this

aww cmon Ash. .you know it is gonna be the
      Jets and the Packers

15. ShaneMorris profile image61
    ShaneMorrisposted 12 years ago

NFC

I think the top three NFC possibilities for Super Bowl run are the Packers, Falcons, and possibly the Eagles (if Vick can do what everyone is saying he can do, he only had 3,000 passing yards last year - nothing too crazy)

This is hard to determine though because there are so many trades and draft picks (and some of those players already getting injured) that factor in, but there's no way to predict how well those players will work out at that team, etc.

AFC

As far as the AFC, I think the top three possibilities for Super Bowl run is the Pats (as much as I absolutely hate to admit), Ravens, and Chargers. Yes, that is correct Jets aren't up there for me. Although, they might be a fourth runner up...maybe, after the Chiefs.

1. wavegirl22 profile image48
      wavegirl22posted 12 years agoin reply to this

No offense but this thread is from last years Super Bowl . . you can always start a new one which probably would have been a good idea.

And as far as your predictions, there is no bad mouthing the Jets around these parts. Should you choose to there are repercussions to be expected tongue

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)