jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Josh Hamilton Wins NL MVP

1. bogerk profile image87
    bogerkposted 5 years ago

Josh Hamilton edged out Miguel Cabrera and Robinson Cano for the AL MVP. While you could argue that Cabrera had the better all around season, the success of the Texas Rangers is likely the key factor that rocketed Hamilton to the top.

1. bogerk profile image87
      bogerkposted 5 years ago in reply to this

and by NL MVP ... of course, I mean AL MVP.

My bad.

2. jobister profile image61
    jobisterposted 5 years ago

I think Bautista or Cabrera would've been the ideal MVP with Hamilton missing some games as well. But he played well in the playoffs so I cannot deny that he was not the MVP at least of the Texas Rangers.

3. rotl profile image61
    rotlposted 5 years ago

Great story... nice player. Though I'm not sure he (or Votto) would win any other year. Seems like it was a down year for hitters (steroids anyone!?)... so the competition was pretty anemic.

4. I am DB Cooper profile image68
    I am DB Cooperposted 5 years ago

Probably the best pick, and it looks even better considering the Rangers made it to the World Series (something the voters for the award had no way of knowing would happen). Cabrera and Cano both beat Hamilton in WAR, but Hamilton also missed some time so his value to the team per game he played was higher.

I agree that it's a really great story. Hamilton seems committed to kick his past habits and has really dedicated himself to the sport.