jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Vikings in outdoor TCF stadium...no alcohol tonight!

1. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 5 years ago

Since I'm from Minnesota I find this amusing.  TCF Stadium is the University of Minnesota stadium and all liquor is banned on the premesis = no drunk Viking's fan's tonight.  And they have to play in a snow storm.  Finals end today at the U, so expect some drunk college kids - they can still drink in & walk.

1. jobister profile image60
      jobisterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It should be a good game, but a lot of players may end up hurt.

2. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image93
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 5 years ago

I'm thinking they coulda used some alcohol during that debacle.

3. I am DB Cooper profile image67
    I am DB Cooperposted 5 years ago

What an ugly game this was. There have been a few good Monday night games this year, but it seems like a lot of them have been just like this one. Bravo to anyone who could stand to stick around to the very end of it.

As I was watching the game last night, I started thinking about how much attention the Vikings have received this season. This was their 3rd Monday night game (of course, last week's was not originally scheduled for MNF), plus they had a Thursday night game, and they have a Sunday night game next week. Several of their 1:00 and 4:00 games have also been the featured game in most markets. They have been on national television more than any other team this season, and they are 5-9. I knew the NFL had a Brett Favre fetish, but this is ridiculous. I feel like football fans are missing out on the chance to see some very good teams because the NFL wants to push Brett Favre's farewell tour on everyone.

1. rotl profile image60
      rotlposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree... it's amazing how much you hear and see of the Vikings for such a terrible team. I am so over Brett Favre... can't wait for the season to be over so I don't have to hear about or from him anymore. Kudos to the NFL for being total wienies and not ruling on Favre's texting, Goodell is such a hypocrite... big fines for faceless defenders overnight, but no punishment for the golden boy.

2. bogerk profile image87
      bogerkposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The MNF games have been really bad the last few weeks. They had expected a good game between NYJ and NE, but even that didn't come through for ESPN.

I am guessing Vikings fans at the game were wishing there was alcohol by the second half. Heck, I'm guessing Brett Favre was wishing the same thing.

4. LakeShow T profile image81
    LakeShow Tposted 5 years ago

The Vikes have received a lot of attention this season in terms of prime time games and through the media. Not only that, but I'd venture to guess that half of the football threads on this board pertain to the Vikings as well. LoL

They were given so many prime time games because they were an outstanding team last season. With Favre coming back this season, the league knew that it would either be a storybook ending to his historical career or a train wreck. Either way, and whether you like Favre or don't like Favre, the story lines do become compelling.

It's kind of like the Yankees or the L.A. Lakers. Either you find them compelling because you love them and root for them to win, or you absolutely cannot stand them and love to root against them and see them lose.