jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Cincinnatti Bengals

1. AskAshlie3433 profile image60
    AskAshlie3433posted 5 years ago

I am just curious about your opinion on the Bengals. I am a fan, so I judge differently. They were 4-12 this season, including a 10 game skid. Terrell Owens was our brightspot of the season. 8 years under Marvin Lewis. 2 playoff appearances. Two 4 win seasons. Even though they are better then they were in the past, they still can't contend. Since Palmer was hurt, he has never been the same. Marvin Lewis or Carson Palmer. Or both. Who goes? What do they need to do?

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
      Ron Montgomeryposted 5 years ago in reply to this

They need to change ownership.

2. bogerk profile image87
      bogerkposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Whether the Bengals would benefit from losing Carson Palmer is up for debate, but I definitely think Carson Palmer could benefit from a change of scenery.

2. AskAshlie3433 profile image60

I do agree with you. If you are not competitive for 20 plus years, changes have to be made. Great point.

3. I am DB Cooper profile image68
    I am DB Cooperposted 5 years ago

There are plenty of things wrong with the Bengals, but they also lost a bunch of games by less than a touchdown. A -73 point differential looks bad, but it's actually good for a 4-12 team. The Seahawks had a -97 differential and they're hosting a playoff game this weekend.

I've never been a big fan of Ochocinco or Owens, and I think the Bengals will find their offense works just as well without them. The best wide receivers are usually the ones with the best work ethic. It takes more than a great 40 yard dash to succeed in the NFL. Precise route-running is vitally important, and the diva wide receivers just don't put in the work to do it right. Owens works out hard at the gym, but is that for his football game or his game with the ladies? Sometimes I just don't know.

With all that said, the Bengals defense also needs a lot of work. I think that should be their focus this offseason. When you let a team like the Bills drop 49 points on you, that's generally a sign that you've got major problems.

4. AskAshlie3433 profile image60

This is what I can't understand DB. They have the same starting players on defense that they had a year ago. Last year, they were 4th in total defense. You made a good point about the 79 point difference. They went 2-7 in those games I think. If they managed to win, at the least, five of those games, they would be 9-7. Last year, they found a way to win close games. This year, they managed to lose most of them. Carson Palmer gives the ball up to much. They played everyone fairly close, but always found themselves down big before they would make a comeback. Let me ask you this. Do you agree with them bring back Marvin Lewis?