Wild Card Games

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (44 posts)
  1. wavegirl22 profile image48
    wavegirl22posted 13 years ago

Which road team has the best chance of winning this weekend?
    Baltimore Ravens
    Green Bay Packers
    New York Jets
    New Orleans Saints

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Packers; they've really gotten back on track lately and look like the dominant team they were predicted to be.

Sorry, but I think the Jets lose a close one today.

wavegirl22posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Im in agreement with you Ron, sad as it is.

Packers Eagles game should be a good one. Jennings has been a favorite of mine to watch this season  .  . But then again it is also amazing to see Vick do his thing. Bottom line it has the makings of a great game. But then again my heart isnt on the line here.

As for todays game. .as is known I am rooting for the Fly Boys. My heart will go a flutter tto see a NY win.

It is the NFL and anything can happen ..

I love Ryan and truth be told, if any team knocks the Colts out I'd not be too upset if it was the Jets.  No matter who wins, the fans of the losing team will be rooting for the winners against the evil Patriots. smile

I could not have said it any better.
            You know last year I had a few friends that traveled to Indie for the game, and the one thing they all came back and said after the loss was how great the Indie fans are. I see they are right wink

And yes let anyone please beat the evil pats!

We ain't Philadelphia. smile

LOL .. . ever read Drej's Hub on the heartache of being one. . its kinda sad . .

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

OK, I changed my mind.  N O looks pretty strong.

3. Ron Montgomery profile image61

Wow! Seattle looks good.

I'm changing back to GB.

LOL. .. this looks like its going to be a good game. . . Im rooting for the Hawks, , what can i say I have a slight crush on Pete (dont tell anyone but I silently rooted for the Pats when he went to N.E. many moons ago)

4. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 13 years ago

Baltimore Ravens
    simply because I have never heard of them 80).....jimmy

Jimmy..
      I think you just had a senior moment. .the Ravens are not the because i am a glasgow rangers fan .

You are a Jet fan .. remember .. . I taught you how to fly.. . play like a Jet

smile

5. Ron Montgomery profile image61

Damn, I have to switch back to N O.

go seattle/ / did u see that???

N O - terrible coverage.  Seattle will win.

6. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 13 years ago

lol WAVE I feel the love, Glasgow Rangers is of course real football and If I had to choose a ball team from the USA it would have to be the jets, only because i am scared of you lol.....jimmy

ha hahah u r not and you know you love the Jets. Its your second year rooting for them, even if you dont understand what first and ten means wink

2. barryrutherford profile image75
      barryrutherfordposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Big question the result  Liverpool & Manchester United today !

7. Michael Willis profile image68
    Michael Willisposted 13 years ago

*sniff* *sniff*...I think I smell an upset in Seattle!

8. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

hmm the Seattle won..

9. Ron Montgomery profile image61

Final Score: Colts 2 Jets 0

did you contact your Ouiji board for that one?

It must be a little off;we're actually seeing some td's.

i wish i could just sit back and enjoy this one. . .

why can't you?

I cant watch. .wake me up when its over

Colts in Jets territory with 2:00 left.

i said wake me up .. no play by play . .that is slo torture

You should have watched; that was some game.  Congratulations Jets, hope you go all the way.

10. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image71
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 13 years ago

Until they play the Eagles, I'm officially on Seattle's bandwagon.

11. Ron Montgomery profile image61

Nice flop punter.

12. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image71

Great game.

I'll be happy to settle for being half right on my preseason SB picks.

13. kingis profile image68
    kingisposted 13 years ago

I admit I was surprised with the results of today's game.  I would have never predicted the Seahawks defeating the Super Bowl Champion Saints. The Jets win this evening was not as shocking as the Seahawks win but it was a great game. Tomorrow's game will be pretty good.  I think the Ravens will defeat the Chiefs. It is hard for me to admit I like to see the Packers win being a Bears fan but I think the Eagles will take the game in a close one.

14. AskAshlie3433 profile image61
    AskAshlie3433posted 13 years ago

Baltimore Ravens, the best playoff road team, a close second is New York.

15. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

Congrats to the winners! I was also hoping one of the Manning bros. will take off, but actually whoever wins for me is ok.

(I have a term for the way I watched the games last night  -- in Filipino language - "makalaglag panty game" - edge of the cliff kind of game but translated - "my undie will fall down" kind of game.

Now I have to wait for more exciting games later this day!

I love football!

My undies were over my head!! I couldnt watch . .

Kansas City Out after the Ravens just beat them up .

Next up Packers - Eagles. This has the makings of one hell of a game. Another makalaglag panty game I think.

Like you Maita - - I love football!!! and even better Don just made my day . .hes coming to Hubcamp, please get on a plane and come too!!

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
        prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh, if only I have the resources I can come too there. That is cool, say hi to Dohn and get some pics, then share it Shari.

Is the schedule for the Hubcamp affects the game of NYJ vs Pats?

Hmm, well yes makalaglag panty LOL, Next Saturday will be bloody makalaglag panty day for me (Steelers vs Ravens. I dont think I will wear undies then so not to worry about if it will fall...

Geez, can't wait for the weekend

Congrats to all the winners!

16. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 13 years ago

I think the Green Bay / Philadelphia game is gonna be a classic.

17. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image71

I could see this being a great shootout or a blowout win by either team. My biggest concern is that the Eagles offense has struggled somewhat when the defense has gone after Vick and the Packers' D has been one of the best at getting to the QB this season. If the Eagles can handle that it could get ugly for GB, if not then it could get ugly for Philly.

18. mememy profile image54
    mememyposted 13 years ago

me too i love football!

19. jobister profile image60
    jobisterposted 13 years ago

Eagles fan here! but right now Aaron Rodgers threw a TD. I'm doing good with my wildcard picks 2-1 as of right now. Who would've thought the Seahawks were going to put up a good fight.

1. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image71
      EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I didn't think they had much of a chance to win the game, but I had picked them to cover the points. Pride and a home stadium can be a powerful combination.

20. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image71

Things are getting interesting now.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)