jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

Brett Favre Officially Retires

1. LakeShow T profile image80
    LakeShow Tposted 5 years ago

It was time. See you in the Hall of Fame in five years. Well done.

1. Michael Willis profile image78
      Michael Willisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ummm, until Game 1 of the 2011 regular season??? I will finally believe he is retired when the new season begins and he is still in Mississippi!!!

1. bogerk profile image87
        bogerkposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree. I will believe it on Opening Day of the 2011 Season when he isn't on a roster. It might even take until Week 8 or so for me to believe it.

Let's say a competitive team like maybe the Baltimore Ravens looks Super Bowl bound but Flacco gets knocked out for the season in Week 5. You don't think there is any chance old #4 gets a phone call?

You just never know with this guy.

2. I am DB Cooper profile image66
    I am DB Cooperposted 5 years ago

He really didn't have much of a choice this time. What team would be interested in his services for next season?

3. LakeShow T profile image80
    LakeShow Tposted 5 years ago

Yeah, he went into the season saying that this would be his final season end of story. Sure we had heard that before, but this season was a disaster at its worst for him. He suffered embarrassment and just about every injury possible. Then on the other end of the spectrum, I believe DB Cooper is right in stating that there would not be a team that would be interested in his services. I think he would still be good enough to be an NFL QB without question, but there isn't a team that would need a QB who would then be 42 years old to be a starter and you know he would not accept a backup role. The only way I see it possible he could come back is if whoever is starting at QB for Minnesota or if Aaron Rodgers goes down around week 9 and the team has a great record at the time and would need to find a suitable replacement.

Congrats to him on his warrior-like, outstanding and record-shattering career.

4. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago

He was always ready to play and gave his all. I miss Favre this playoff. He is one of the greatest QB.

1. brandonhart100 profile image82
      brandonhart100posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Brett Favre will always be one of the greatest.  Unfortunately he would have been greater if he'd stuck to retiring a few years ago.  Just my opinion.

5. jobister profile image60
    jobisterposted 5 years ago

I am glad he retired. Now we can focus on the NFL lockout that is going to happen. Maybe he'll be back in 2012?

6. AskAshlie3433 profile image61
    AskAshlie3433posted 5 years ago

Yeah, I don't see him coming back this time.

7. 0
    mtsi1098posted 5 years ago

good I like favre but am tired of hearing that he retires every year

8. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

I wish he would have gone out on top and with his honor intact. Sad that "this" retirement announcement comes on the heels of a dismal season and personal scandal.
    But no one can ever take away his many years of achievement.

1. 0
      mtsi1098posted 5 years ago in reply to this

well said...he has accomplished much in his career...a certain hall of famer